Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was just driving along today... stopped at post office to send some mail - got back in car and straight away - 'motor system control failure', car started no bother, went to bank done some banking, back in car - started no bother,drove home, drove to petrol station, drove to supermarket, drove to gym, drove home - still with 'motor system control failure' warning and engine light glowing orange but not 'flashing'

so i wondered if anyone near Edinburgh had diagnostic kit i can plug in and see whats going on...

have a 147 and any help would be appreciated alot

thanks - sam

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wouldnt drive it any more, i read a thread 3 days ago on here, someones wife drove it 200 miles with light on and the car eventually failed. I think it was the harmonic balancer that was wobbly. Thats the crankshaft wheel, check the condition of it. Take to a garage ASAP.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I normally go out to Mclennans garage in loanhead, past the asda, turn left then right after about half a mile.

They are very good in there, however not cheap.

Give them a call, im sure they'll help diagnose the problem cheaply if not as a favour!

Mark

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks for that - drove it a few times today - again no problems... i dont mind paying for whats wrong - just dont agree with the high diagnosis code fault price - especially from dealers

i dont think its anything major or she would let me know... we have quite a good relationship apart from this hissy fit

hopefully just a bit of dirt on a sensor but would like to hook it up to diagnostics - so anyone near edinburgh within a 50 mile radius with this bit of kit - please leave a message as would be most greatly appreciated :)

thanks for the maclen tip - will perhaps give them a call - or just turn up on the fly and see what they say - sometimes is better just to turn up huh

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I used Mclennans for 2 years when I lived in Edinburgh. I found them to be very reasonable price wise. They really are a fantastic garage and there isn't much they don't know about Alfas. Just pop in to see them Sam. They will tell you what's the fault.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have used Mclennans for 8 years and have made the 150 mile round trip countless times for their Alfa expertise & friendly manner. I wouldn't let any other garage near the car. VIVA Mclennans

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.