Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know this car? Alfa Romeo : GTV 3.0 LUSSO 6 SPEED
Current owner has only had it for a month, just wondered if the previous owner was on here or if anyone knows it. Would be nice to find out a bit more about it before going to view if possible.
Many thanks
Ray

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Say's he bought it while he was 'between' cars and now has a 3 series BMW.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i bought an omega between cars a couple of months ago, it'd done only 61k miles and was "as new" paid £500 quid and sold it for £1100 3 weeks later (to a trader!, wasnt a trade in he just bought it cash), even though it was not my sort of car i have to say it was so good i didn't want to sell it in a way!!!, so sometimes thats a genuine reason, but as always, caution, it's buyer beware time, looks nice in the photo:)

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
I'd be put off by the dents it says it has at the rear.
Depends on how bad they are. I reckon it is worth a look, its well priced and has had soem of the usual faults/consumables looked at plus some more. Just remember to ask when the belts were last changed as it will probably need to be done soon, if they haven't been done just factor it in to your negotiations :thumbs:

Also check out the buyers guide

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/23905-gtv-spider-buyers-guide.html

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody. My only contact with the seller has been by e-mail so far. Think I might call him and see if I can get some contact details for the previous owner.
Thanks again
Ray

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ask him for the reg number and run a HPI check on the car, it's costs around £15-£20 but is money well spent if it turns out to be a previously accident damaged car or stolen recovered. Last thing you want to do is travel to see it only to find out afterwards......

Jules.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts