Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, apologies I've not posted for a while. My lad is looking to join the Alfa family on Friday with a Brera ;-)

Anybody know this car?

DA08 YDG
2.4 JTDM

He's only 19 so wants it to be a keeper for a few years.

Thanks for anybody who looks / responds, much appreciated.

Tony

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dont know this car but there is a very nice Red Brera in the classifieds on here. Much lower mileage and I can tell you everything about it (y):)

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NICE! Way out of his price range though unfortunately ;(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi all, apologies I've not posted for a while. My lad is looking to join the Alfa family on Friday with a Brera ;-)

Anybody know this car?

DA08 YDG
2.4 JTDM

He's only 19 so wants it to be a keeper for a few years.

Thanks for anybody who looks / responds, much appreciated.

Tony
looks lovely. Would check the subframe extremely carefully and maybe get a quote for a swirl flap delete if it hasn’t been done already to prolong the life of the engine, shouldn’t be expensive but those little plastic things can do horrendous damage. Not sure as a young driver how many long trips he’ll be doing, if it’s not on the motorway a fair bit will have to keep an eye on the pesky DPF and EGR issues.

Other than that I hope everything goes well and congratulations to your son on what will be the first of hopefully many Alfas 😊.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks lovely. Would check the subframe extremely carefully and maybe get a quote for a swirl flap delete if it hasn’t been done already to prolong the life of the engine, shouldn’t be expensive but those little plastic things can do horrendous damage. Not sure as a young driver how many long trips he’ll be doing, if it’s not on the motorway a fair bit will have to keep an eye on the pesky DPF and EGR issues.

Other than that I hope everything goes well and congratulations to your son on what will be the first of hopefully many Alfas 😊.
Cheers Scotty, points noted, he'll be on the motorway a couple of times a week coming home from uni (if they ever re-open!)

Appreciate your comments ;-)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cheers Scotty, points noted, he'll be on the motorway a couple of times a week coming home from uni (if they ever re-open!)

Appreciate your comments ;-)
No problem, here’s a buyer’s guide if you’ve not seen it from my local garage. Top quality work and very reasonable price-wise.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car was a pristine example..... superb in every way.

No haggling required! We have an alfisti for life ;_)

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Haggling is ALWAYS required....no one advertises cars at a price they actually expect to get!!.....no one with any sense anyway!!!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haggling is ALWAYS required....no one advertises cars at a price they actually expect to get!!.....no one with any sense anyway!!!
...eeerm thanks for the input, NOT!

Best way to do business in ANY field, advertise correctly and at the right price, and in the right way.

Probably like you I have bought many cars over the years and haggled on price, come away thinking 'got a good deal but what a cowboy!' (i.e. what is he hiding, what bargain have I actually got?)

So much nicer just to have a good honest deal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Car was a pristine example..... superb in every way.

No haggling required! We have an alfisti for life ;_)
Congratulations and welcome to the club. I hope your son gets lots of enjoyment out of it. As long as he’s ok with the odd thing going wrong now and again it’ll be a treat every time he’s driving. Guarantee when he parks up he’ll keep looking back 😁.
A lot of car for the money.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts