Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
What colour is it . I knew of a silver one . The owner also has 3.0 single turbo gtv . We use to race outside the Doors in marshall street in the early 90 's. I had a red 2.0 gtv alpine turbo.
First time we raced i did not know him and vice versa and we could not understand how we were neck and neck . It was pretty funny , maybe not for our passengers though .
So anyway let me know the colour and ALSO if youre talking about a modern gtv ??

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, sorry. The 116 version. There's an ad for one on junkmail without pics or colour details. Haven't contacted the owner yet so , but if it's in good nick, I'll buy it. I'm in the market for a 116 GTV 2l for +-R20k or v6 for up to R35k if it's in decent shape. Your posts on the gtv forum about the 24v conversion has me dreaming...

J

·
0 Posts
It might be the white one. I know it. Decent condition. It had some rust beneath windshield and lower part of front fenders, but fixed now, but have not seen the car after this. Very original with low km's.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
It sounds familiar.:rolleyes:

It made descent power at the dyno day the beginning of the year if it’s the car I am thinking off.
I will not change to a V6 on a GTV Turbo just get rid of the carbs, fit a better turbo and intercooler.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TN, was it the one that made over 200kw? I would only change a GTV6 (not a turbo) to a 24v later on in the car's life.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, just spoke to the owner. He bought it from a guy at the Alfaclub in Pretoria (white car as Jacques said). Rust under windscreen, doors are rusted badly and very low compression. He thinks the rings are done. I'm waiting for the mms pics now.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yes it made something in that region but the boost was turned up for the event so it probably develops in the region of 150kw for normal use.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yes it is the car and I will not expand on the condition you will have to look at the pictures.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
If the price is acceptable why not.
As usual you will probably have to spend a couple of rand to get her perfect.
But then the car is almost 30years old so what would you expect.
The fact that there’s still exposed rust is a good thing in my book.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True, going to have a look at a GTV6 in the week and move from there. I'm a bit worried that the rust under the windscreen has come back. The seller says that the pistons and sleeves are new, so he suspects the rings are done. Apparently the car overheated while he was driving on the highway and the head was skimmed and the gasket changed. He says the compression is very low now (there is a lot more lag than usual), but no smoke?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts