Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have asked the dealer about enabling the Alfa Connect App for my car and got some very odd responses, even to the point where they have 'Googled it' and now know what I am talking about... have even asked ARUK about it.

Has anyone got this device fitted, do you recall what costs or subscriptions are involved? Do you use it or is it just a gimmick.

I don't plan on spending money on this, the similar device was offered to me free by Mercedes on the CLA, for free and even though the car was 3 years old at the time, being so old I decided not to but my colleague has it on is 18 plate C Class Coupe and it seems useful.

Thoughts and comments?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link jwq.

Checking it the way they say, the Speciale already has the Alfa Connect 3D Nav 8.8" Infotainment system (radio, 3D Nav, MP3, Aux-in, Bluetooth) as standard, so the technology is fitted as standard, it also says 12 months subscription included in the cost of the car, renewable thereafter, I have written to the dealer to state this and ask for it to be activated...

·
Premium Member
7,917 Posts
Thanks for the link jwq.

Checking it the way they say, the Speciale already has the Alfa Connect 3D Nav 8.8" Infotainment system (radio, 3D Nav, MP3, Aux-in, Bluetooth) as standard, so the technology is fitted as standard, it also says 12 months subscription included in the cost of the car, renewable thereafter, I have written to the dealer to state this and ask for it to be activated...
Not really. yes the infotainment system is there, but it does not have remote connectivity (GSM/GPRS). For this it requires the additional add-on box.
Should be very easy to add though, as it just ties into the CAN bus and ignition (for start block) ....

Alfa connect is a bit of a misnomer in that sense, it's simply the Alfa/Magneti Marelli generic name for the infotainment system.

But maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, though I doubt it :xmas:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts