Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried plugging in via the USH but doesn't seem to work, any one got over this at all, is there a 3.5mm jack socket anywhere then can attach a Bluetooth receiver, thanks all Nigel

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks CJ, where can I get one of these please, does it have to be a dealer or is there a web page you can copy post at all ?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I've got a 5s in my 57 plate 159ti and the Bluetooth works for the phone but the cable doesn't register the playlists etc. I spoke to my local Alfa main dealer and am booked in for a software patch/upgrade that will make the phone/car compatible with the car/phone. £35 and 40 minutes later I should be able to do everything through the steering wheel again.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I should say that ours was a march 2010 build and it has the very latest blue and me software installed, yet the 5 still needed the dongle.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
And it's a bugger to get working....every time I've tried it, error...:cry:
100% of time! it doesn't work first time, usually works second time, as LNG as you aren't trying to update beyond the firmware capability and as long as you have the essential files and NOTHING ELSE on the USB.

·
Registered
678 Posts
100% of time! it doesn't work first time, usually works second time, as LNG as you aren't trying to update beyond the firmware capability and as long as you have the essential files and NOTHING ELSE on the USB.
How can I find out how high I can go? I've got a 2009 159

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
For £35 I'd just take it to the dealer and get it done. I think what has happened is the same as with my Wife's car, the phone tech is moving so quickly that car manufacturers almost can't future proof the in built software. From memory all the dongle does is convert files from one format to another. If the software isn't correct I doubt it will work.

I may be wrong but for 40 mins and a smal amount of dosh a huge amount of mucking about can be avoided for the technological less than savvy amongst us (I include myself in that group).

·
Registered
678 Posts
For £35 I'd just take it to the dealer and get it done. I think what has happened is the same as with my Wife's car, the phone tech is moving so quickly that car manufacturers almost can't future proof the in built software. From memory all the dongle does is convert files from one format to another. If the software isn't correct I doubt it will work.

I may be wrong but for 40 mins and a smal amount of dosh a huge amount of mucking about can be avoided for the technological less than savvy amongst us (I include myself in that group).
But £35 is £35, that's perfectly good fuel money...I'll try again, to be fair I don't hook my phone or iPod up to if, I just use a 32gb USB stick with lots of music on.
Just want it as up to date as possible...

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Before mid 2011 roughly, it's the mk1 blue and me, and (I think) the latest version you can update to is 5.6 and you still need the dongle for 5 series type iPhones

Mk2 b&m units can use the 7.0, and shouldn't need a dongle.

If it's in for a service at a dealer, ask them to do it.....if you trust them.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts