Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Alfa world, to be honest I am new to the driving world. I have bought myself a Alfa Romeo 156 1.6l TSpark. I was wondering if there is any meets in or around my area coming up or even in the new year? Anyone know?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't know of anything nearby at the moment....I think most events have finished for the year. Next year there will hopefully be the Bristol Italian Auto Festival, and there's normally a Simply Alfa Day down at Beaulieu in the New Forest...took my 145 there this year, Italian Stallions at Poole Quay. I'll keep an ear out for anything and post here if there's anything new.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Hullo there... we can always arrange a local meet up, there's a couple of us in the Wiltshire area (I'm in Devizes). I used to go to loads of Alfa meets when I lived in Bristol but haven't been for ages now I'm out here in the sticks. But if you'd like to meet up for a bit of bant sometime lemmie know, I can give a couple of the other locals a shout. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi I’m in mid Somerset looking for meet somewhere local'ish....any excuse to give the 147 I hope to pick up this week a good run. It’s been off the road for a year so could do with it...not that I need an excuse lol :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
There is the West Wilts branch of the national club, (AROC), that meet the first Thursday of each month in Warminster.
I have never attended any of their meets, (even though I live less than half a mile from their organiser). I usually go to the AROC Wessex section meetings which are first Wednesday of the month in St. Leonards, Ringwood. There is a great annual show at Sherborne Castle and usually an Italian day in Bristol but that looks to be in doubt this year unless somebody steps up to organise. There are Saturday morning 'surgeries' at Autolusso Ferndown which are generally a social chit-chat.
There is also a North Devon/Taunton/Somerset facebook page but I have not been to any of their functions. Hope you find something.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I am new to the Alfa world, to be honest I am new to the driving world. I have bought myself a Alfa Romeo 156 1.6l TSpark. I was wondering if there is any meets in or around my area coming up or even in the new year? Anyone know?

Suggest you attend the Avenue Drivers Club in Queens Square, Bristol - 2nd Sunday of the month.
Avenue Drivers Club Bristol - Classic Car and motorbike enthusiasts
https://www.flickr.com/photos/theavenuedriversclub/

April 11th is Alfaholics Trackday @ Castle combe
ALFAHOLICS 14TH SPRING TRACK DAY – CASTLE COMBE 11TH APRIL 2015 | Classic Alfa Romeo spare parts and accessories

As AnthonyJohn says the BIAMF might not be held this year...... booooo!
And I don't think there is to be a Simply Alfa Romeo day @ Beaulieu this year?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
There is the West Wilts branch of the national club, (AROC), that meet the first Thursday of each month in Warminster.
I have never attended any of their meets, (even though I live less than half a mile from their organiser). I usually go to the AROC Wessex section meetings which are first Wednesday of the month in St. Leonards, Ringwood.
Tony, the West Wilts Branch is nothing more than a dinner club - don't forget to pre-order your meal and to bring your partner. I've been once and think we did mention Alfas (once). The whole meeting wrapped up at 9 ish.

The new Wessex location in the forest looks promising :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Thanks for that. I've always wondered if perhaps I should go along, especially as I live so close. You have now confirmed my continued allegiance to the Wessex guys, (not that there was any doubt), as we rarely have a conversation that doesn't involve Alfa.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
I don't know of anything nearby at the moment....I think most events have finished for the year. Next year there will hopefully be the Bristol Italian Auto Festival, and there's normally a Simply Alfa Day down at Beaulieu in the New Forest...took my 145 there this year, Italian Stallions at Poole Quay. I'll keep an ear out for anything and post here if there's anything new.
it dosent look like they doing a simply alfa day this year at beauleiu ,but they are doing a simply smart day ,what is the bloody world coming to:tut:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
it dosent look like they doing a simply alfa day this year at beauleiu ,but they are doing a simply smart day ,what is the bloody world coming to:tut:
It gets worse, they are doing a Simply VAUXHALL meet - WTF:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to Alfa ownership...picking up my Alfa Brera tomorrow Im in Calne, Wiltshire and look forward to meeting up with other more knowledgeable owners in the area :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts