Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, got an offer on a 159 with 0 km on the clock. This is a series one, and a TI version.
Production date was 30.10.2008. Any thougts on the date? It Was a thursday. Any special things to look out for?

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Where's it been since production???? hope it wasn't sat in a field like they do to so many cars at docks in Avonmouth, better get it checked out thoroughly it could have been standing idle since import and that's not good!!!:eek::(

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where's it been since production???? hope it wasn't sat in a field like they do to so many cars at docks in Avonmouth, better get it checked out thoroughly it could have been standing idle since import and that's not good!!!:eek::(
I really don't know yet.
I will ask. Propably outside somewere.

Was just having a look at the "factory closing down" tread from Desember 2007.
Seems it reopened in march 2008.
So this car is produced 6 months after the re opening.

Has anyone heard about how the quality was affected after reopening?

And, production date, is it when they start to build or finish?
And how long does it take them to build one?

N

·
0 Posts
How cheap is it wrt a current brand new one?

How much more than a good 2nd hand one with low mileage?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be a good deal. Problem is there are so few nice second hand TI's in Norway.
Most of them are Black with Black leather. Looking for white with tan leather...

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
I really don't know yet.
I will ask. Propably outside somewere.
If it's been stored outside make sure the tyres are changedif they ned it, discs are not pitted and rubbing, check the rubber gaiters, the wipers blades are not perished the list could go on....
I bought a Focus a few years ago that had been standing at Dagenham for 6 months tyres were cracked and discs rusted badly and were really rough under braking for 100s miles .........so be wary,if not sure take a mechanic friend wi you, hope it is ok tho you'll love it I love mine:):):)

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
warranty should run from the date of registration.
So it will be whatever the manufacturers warranty is now.

I'd still want to know where it has been since October 2008 though.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just requested information from the seller on where the car has been stored since oktober 2008.
Is the international warranty on Alfa Romeo 3 years?

Or is the third year a UK deal?

Frank

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just requested information from the seller on where the car has been stored since oktober 2008.
Is the international warranty on Alfa Romeo 3 years?

Or is the third year a UK deal?

Frank
It is 3 years in Norway too,but the international warranty is 2years.So if you buy one from germany that will have 2year,but from from a norwegian alfa dealer it is 3 year.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I will have the two year warranty then...
Jusat found out tha car has been standin as a displaycar inside all the time since production.
Thats good:)

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
That's more than good, you are one lucky guy, :cool:( the cynic in me thinks salesman says anything to get rid of car that's been hanging around for a year:rant:) worth giving it the once over but maybe that's because I don't trust dealer salesmen - too many bad experiences!!! :mad:

I'm sure it'll be wonderful and you'll be more than hooked once you get your hands on it:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts