Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! I found out that the local dealer does not bring 159 TIs or at least its not on the brochure. Instead they have this sportiva version (exclusive and progresion being the other two).

Here is the info on prices and options for the car :
http://www.demades.com/docs/docA159witheuro.pdf

Question is... Is the sportiva based on the TI chasi? Has anyone heard of such version of the car? Ots the 1.9 Petrol option i am most interested in.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
We don't get the Sportivo versions of any Alfa in the UK, so it's unlikely many people from here will be able to help I'm afraid. AFAIK they have no similarity to Ti's.

U

·
0 Posts
From reading the spec the Sportiva appears to be very similar to the UK Lusso spec but with the dark headlining of the Ti.
Suspension and wheels seem to be standard version ie pure Lusso.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bleh thought it wouldnt be a ti :/ Guess i need to contact the dealer and check it out or it seems im gonna have to import one from the UK :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Looks like these specs are similar to the 'Sportiva' version sold in Belgium. Inside, it's almost identical to a TI (since mine came also with TI-identical sport seats -though I'm not sure this wasn't a dealer mistake -the only difference between my Sportiva and a TI is the white stitching instead of red. It even has a TI-logo on the doorstep (!)).

From the outside it's not lowered though, it has no skirts, smaller brakes, and the rims differ too (17" instead of 19").

Check it all out here: Alfa Romeo!

Quite expensive Alfas in Cyprus by the way!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason cars are expensive here is because of consumer tax based on CCs :( Nothing we can do about it i'm afraid... Even if i bring a car registered from the UK for example i will still have to pay a premium based on the CCs of the car!

The 3.2 brera is around 80k Euro if im not mistaken.

Stupid part on the tax authorities is they give u 60% discount on the tax for cars older than 5 years and scales down to 0 on new ones. Shouldn't that been the other way around to make people buy new cars? lol

On topic though... I made contact with the Dealership... They also bring TIs. The 2.2 costs around 42k and the 1.9 Diesel which will start arriving this month around 39k... I booked a viewing with a black 2.2 TI and waiting phone call any day to go check it out :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
As Saabje said, Sportiva (they brand them like that in Serbia as well, though one can get a TI too) are just regular 159's with some aluminum added around on the dash and panels, sport seats and a sport steering wheel (with places to put your thumbs on :)). Standard seats use a combination of alfatex and something else (not sure what anymore), and it comes with standard 17" alloy wheels. In Serbia, the price was about the same as for an "Elegante" (probably "Exclusive" in Cyprus) with 17" alloys added.

TIs, otoh, have a few more differences which would make them pretty impossible to drive in Serbia (around half of the roads here are not something you'd put a car with 19" alloys on).

As far as 1.9 JTS engines go, they still sell them here (at least they did in March when I ordered mine 2.2).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Btw, price is pretty big for that. I got an "Elegante" 2.2 JTS with bixenons, electric folding side-mirrors, Blue&Me, 17" alloys and a bunch of other stuff, for around €30,700 (and could have gotten "Sportiva" for 100 euros more, leather seats for another €1100 euros, except that I don't like leather).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts