Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.

(if the following means nothing to you, or you want to make a flippant reply, please do so on another thread)

I'm trying to get a Fujitsu Primergy TX120S3 up and running with Win SBS2011 Std.
I select the OS in ServerView, but when it asks for the DVD, it tells me the version is incorrect.

What am I doing wrong?

E

·
0 Posts
Is it asking for manufacturer supplied? I know whenever I install HP Proliants the software has two options one for volume license etc, and one for HP branded. Also if it is like the HP smartstart have you checked for a new version of the fujitsu install software?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Is it asking for manufacturer supplied? I know whenever I install HP Proliants the software has two options one for volume license etc, and one for HP branded. Also if it is like the HP smartstart have you checked for a new version of the fujitsu install software?
I was about to say the same thing about the version of the server installation cd :)

Id check compatibility as well, you might have to do a manual install which isnt too bad, just use the server cd to configure the array if required.

E

·
0 Posts
I was about to say the same thing about the version of the server installation cd :)

Id check compatibility as well, you might have to do a manual install which isnt too bad, just use the server cd to configure the array if required.
Good thinking. I know with Linux on HP you have to install the OS first then run the support pack after.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I started down that route, but still no joy. Then I did some checking... The DVD was for sbs2011, but it was disk 2. The disti hadn't sent the full set of disks!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Thanks, I started down that route, but still no joy. Then I did some checking... The DVD was for sbs2011, but it was disk 2. The disti hadn't sent the full set of disks!
If you had them through a licensing vendor you should be able to download the iso from the microsoft licenaing portal.

For future reference

:)

E

·
0 Posts
If you had them through a licensing vendor you should be able to download the iso from the microsoft licenaing portal.

For future reference

:)
If only they named them sensibly. If I had a pound for every time I tried installing 2008 SQL instead of Server 2008 R2.... i'd have about £4 :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts