Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im toying with the idea of a GT auto (bare with me) and need some advice concerning the sele in the gta..is it reliable,my biggest fear and tbh the only reason i havent bought a gta sele already..

Id prefer a old fashioned torque converter type auto due to reliability and have very little knowledge of the sele box never having driven or even being driven in one.I have a q-system 156v6 and like the box a lot (i need to have a clutcless box after a motorcycle accident) but the natural progression is the 3.2 gta or gt..

Now im thinking gta/166 sportronic box adaption..any advice would be great :thumbup:

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have a 147 GTA selespeed arriving in 4 weeks. There are also one or two for sale in the UK already. Not driven one as of yet however have heard they are awesome!

I have a JTS selespeed sw which is superb.

Reactions: Sam bailey

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look forward to a review when you have had it a few days ;)
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I've got one :D
Had it for three years now. You'd easier get me to run down Red Square naked with a rainbow flag than make me part ways with it.
Love it. Its more reliable than the old (pre 2002) Selespeeds and a hell of a lot more fun.
There is something great about being in traffic, seeing a small gap open up, clicking the left paddle, hearing the beast awaken and lunge forward out, over and in again. And settle back into the slumber.

On track it the greatest thing ever.

Reactions: Sam bailey
1 - 4 of 4 Posts