Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo Forum of Knowledgeable Ones,

The bird needs to a get a car in for July time.

Criteria is that...

It needs to be Auto (she has a Canadian licence so can only get a freebie auto one here)

Pretty good on fuel

Not bad on the motorways (45mins each way a day)

And not too tinny!

So far the new Subaru Impreza 1.5RX is looking pretty good. It is a 1.5 in manual or Auto, not too bad on the juice and doesn't look too bad in the flesh either.

Went to the dealer yesterday and somehow managed not to buy the Impreza WRK with a 2l Turbo. Yee ha!

Anyhoot, anyone have much experience of them or can suggest an alternative?

Any auto diesels out there in smallish cars?

Chars!!!!

DG

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Had a 2.0 Scooby for a few years, never had any problems with her. Very good car, but the fuel bill was a bit on the high side with the 4 wheel drive

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Dare i say it Audi A3 is a fine car (beat's himself up) Diesel auto (my 2 pet hate's)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It actually looks much better in the flesh. Pictures don't do it justice.

Mmm.... Audi TDi could be the way forward.

Keep em coming!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had an Outback 3.0 Rn Auto for a year. I sold it only because the fuel economy was soooooooooo appalling. I don't have a heavy right foot (I average over 45 mpg in my MB E270CDi) but I stuggled to get it to average above 20mpg. Across France on A-roads (N-roads over there) it only did 27mpg, while the MB averages 48-49mpg when I do the same trip.

The official figures for Subaru fuel consumption seem to have been produced by Enid Blyton. Ask anyone who's owned one and they'll say the same. Recommend you half them and if you can live with that sort of consumption, go for it. Loved the car totally other than that.

Golf/Eos/Leon also available as diesel DSG auto if that's what you'd prefer - all basically the same car, just depends on which you prefer the look of.

·
Registered
16,125 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
a few mates of mine have scooby doo's basicly if you leave them alone they are fine unless you def know what your doing but that is the same with any car, but i have noticed they they do rust a bit and the suspension wear a bit..

but its the same with any car if you get a good looked after one then all good :cool:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
My wife bought a Legacy estate 18 months ago. She bought it at two years old as her daily "reliable" car. Too much to go into here, but it's cost well over £1000 in parts alone & that doesn't even account for the servicing.
Complete and utter heap of crap!!

P.S. Almost forgot, it still needs front discs and pads. OH JOY!:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts