Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm just in the process of moving to Combe St Nicholas, near Chard. I've promised myself that once the dust settles from the move I'm going to fulfill a bit of a dream of owning an Alfa. It's likely to be a GTV or a 156 V6.

Is there anywhere nearby that's good for servicing? I found a reference to Bensport in Ilminster in when I did a search, but that was quite an old thread and I wasn't sure if they still did Alfas? (Incidentally, their coachbuilt Bentley La Sarthe is stunning! La Sarthe | Bensport Ltd)

On a really random note, I also need to find out if the 156 or GTV would have enough steering lock to navigate the rather torturous route into my new garage, which a 180-degree dogleg from the road. If any local owners fancy lending me the benefit of some Alfa-related wisdom and a quick trial run to see if it's actually possible that would be much appreciated! :)

Chris

·
Registered
2012 MiTo 1.4TBi, Past 2010 Giulietta 2.0 170 Veloce, Past GTV 2.0 TS Lusso
110 Posts
Yes GTV lock is not the best.
I could pop over when you are ready with the GTV and try it for size if you want.
PM me when you are settled in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes GTV lock is not the best.
I could pop over when you are ready with the GTV and try it for size if you want.
PM me when you are settled in.
Thanks. I'll drop you a line.

Just tried it with my wife's Corolla and it's not the easiest manoeuvre!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts