·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
13,159 Posts
That's tidy.. almost new looking.

I think late summer is just not the best time to sell... all those dealer trade-ins for the new plate cluttering the forecourts up and everyone has just returned from holiday skint... so no money about and lots of choice out there for the few buyers.

If you can hang on until later this month into October, you may have more luck.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ralf S, good to have some encouraging words. I'm sure you're right - Just seems crazy lowering the price further when these on the forecourts for a fair bit more, with no history etc. They're not selling either mind you :rolleyes: What's more crazy is that I'm looking for a Spider... At this time of the year. At least I'll be ready for next summer :lol:

·
Premium Member
45,008 Posts
Buyers of the sort are trying to get don't mostly have £4k kicking about, they have a car worth £1k-£2k or so and a bit of cash, or the ability to get the rest on finance. So 9 out of 10 will just go to a dealer, trade in what they've got and stick the rest on finance. Its hard to sell an expensive car privately at the moment.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car sold this weekend! Being picked up this weekend by an Alfa enthusiast so I'm very pleased about that. Hell of a car for that money, but what can you do, just the way it is! Gonna miss the 147 :cry: But won't be long before the next Alfa :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts