Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any new pics of 159SW yet?

I'm getting rather nervous at the lack of pics of the 159SW. Knowing how Alfa work, I wouldn't be surprised to hear they are having problems deciding on the final look or manufacturing details.

Anybody seen any pics?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Any new pics of 159SW yet?

Yummy! I'm interested in that too ...

·
Registered
319 Posts

Others too if you Google "159 Sportwagon" ...

·
Registered
30,126 Posts

It's not dissimilar to the new Fiat Croma (no bad thing IMO as I quite like the Croma).

Would look even better with roof rails on it!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

Sorry everyone, this car does nothing for me. My wife's Red 156SW was, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful wagons ever made. Every line was, curvy, sexy and Italian. Though the 159 rear 3/4 shot is OK, I'm not at all excited about the front end. Hope it looks better in the flesh... I sort of feel the same way about the 147 as well (ie I LOVE the look of my GTA, but only like the look of the new ones)...

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

GTACharlie has summed it up nicely. My SW has all the right lines and curves but this is bland. Vauxhall Signum with an Italian badge.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts

there are only 2 car makers in the world who can make an estate car look as sexy as the saloon - audi and alfa, no other brand even comes close. the pics of the 159 don't imo look as good as the 156sw but i'm sure seen in the flesh my mind would change

·
Registered
38,461 Posts

Oh dear, it looks like the Alfa is going to give us practicality over style.
Ok on a Vauxhall but on a Alfa bad move IMO.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Has anyone spotted a release date for the SportWagon? I'm after a 156SW and perhaps I can time it for when someone wants to trade their 156 for a new 159... :)

Mike

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I made enquiries about availability on the 156SW the other day, specifically the 2.4JTD Ti. 7 left in the UK and they are all sold orders on the way to the respective dealers for delivery.

I understood we would see the first 159s in October 2006, but it will be early 2007 before we see the juicy 200bhp 2.4JTD Q4 Sportwagon.

·
Registered
104 Posts

No Dosh said:
I made enquiries about availability on the 156SW the other day, specifically the 2.4JTD Ti. 7 left in the UK and they are all sold orders on the way to the respective dealers for delivery.
Youch.

I'm after a second hand one anyway - 53 plate onwards...

I understood we would see the first 159s in October 2006, but it will be early 2007 before we see the juicy 200bhp 2.4JTD Q4 Sportwagon.
That long, huh? :(

Mike

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

Looks :cool:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That's a particularly handsome looking estate!

Very :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Felleas, those are the best pics I've seen up till now. Looks bloody lovely, would look even better in red or black imo.

A

·
0 Posts
Does look nice, but I am still thinking that people will mistake it for a facelifted 156. Could they not have gone to town with changing the shape a bit?

Don't get me wrong I like it and I guess Alfa thought 'don't fix what isn't broken!'

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

GTACharlie said:
Sorry everyone, this car does nothing for me. My wife's Red 156SW was, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful wagons ever made. Every line was, curvy, sexy and Italian. Though the 159 rear 3/4 shot is OK, I'm not at all excited about the front end. Hope it looks better in the flesh... I sort of feel the same way about the 147 as well (ie I LOVE the look of my GTA, but only like the look of the new ones)...
I think this is possibly the worst angle for the car. Front shots and rear 3/4 shots show much more fluidity and less heaviness. IF the car was thought with the US market in mind, giving an impression of space and solidity in the lines is quite important. Also possibly a good polish would help on these pics... :cool:

·
Registered
105 Posts
alfa_147_jtd_16v said:
Does look nice, but I am still thinking that people will mistake it for a facelifted 156. Could they not have gone to town with changing the shape a bit?

IRL, the 159 looks very different from the 156, so the difference between the SW's will also be significant.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts