Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya had my Alfa 156 JTS for a month now... a few things im unsure about:

1: Squeak from front suspension going over pot holes and bumps... more drivers side i think.

2: Hesitant spot in exceleration, seems to blip... then go like a rocket... sparks maybe? Generally happens when excellerating from a slow speed in a high gear... but its a deffinate little jolt i feel in the engine.

3: When i change SRC button on my stereo to change from radio to cd payer... it seems to do a search for a cd disk changer... however i have a front load single cd player... ive looked and looked for a changer thinking it cant be right.. but cant find one in it anywhere.

Any light shed on these would be great. Ive searched the forum for hours and read a bit about the hesitant/flat spot but still non of the wiser.

Cheers

Kristian

M

·
0 Posts
A little more detail would be good, but the squeak at the front is more than likely to be the upper wishbones. It's a DIY job if you're confident with the spanners! The flat spot you mention, does it happen at the same revs? If so could be the MAF. You'll find the connector around the intake piping near the air filter(not used to 156's). Disconnect the electrical connector, if the car then drives differently then the MAF is faulty. Can't help with the stereo I'm affraid:rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
As above. Sparky has pretty much got it spot on.
Your maf can be found about half way along the air filter ducting. unplug it and see if you still have a misfire.
Both of your probs are very easy to solve. and not mega expensive to sort out. Expect to pay about £100 or there abouts for a maf. (shop around but make sure its genuine bosch)
Upper wishbone will be around £70 fitted. but the other side wont be far behind so expect to change that as well sooner rather than later. if the bush is not too badly worn you can cure the squeaking temporarily with a squirt of white grease on the rubber bush.
As for your stereo. You would be better off posting your query in the ice lounge. someone there will be able to point you in the right direction.
If it has a cd changer it will be in the boot on the left hand side there is a little cubby hole in the carpet. mine has a little tag to enable you to open it with CD written on it. but i dont have a CD changer. ;-(

As your in hampshire take your car to this guy. he is cheap, very good and an enthusiast so will look after your car.
I recommend him very highly.

http://www.cars.robertsaerospace.com/AlfaRomeo/AlfaRomeo.htm

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thats great! cheers...

I think ive found the connector on the intake pipe. I disconnected it and turned the engine over at which piont the beep sounded and the engine management light came on... with a notice of Motor Control Failure take to dealer.

Ive run a quick OBD diagnosis with the code P0100, im guesing this is bacause the connector was unplugged.

I didnt drive it around incase this wasnt right so i re connected it. and cleared the fault.

Should i take her out for a spin even with the warning lights on?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
yes. dont worry about the engine management light.
It will go out after a few miles when you re connect the maf.
Take it for a spin disconnected and see if the flat spot disappears.
You will notice a difference if the maf is faulty. report back when you have done it.
How many miles has the car done.?
If its not the maf it could be a lambda sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts