Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm looking to go down the coilover route in the next 6/8 weeks with my GT 3.2. The car is currently fitted with Koni FSD dampers and Eibach Pro Kit springs which I intend to sell in order to part-finance the coilovers. I don't know exactly how old the kit is as it was on the car when I got it.
If anyone is looking to change their OE dampers and springs around mid/end March, give me a shout.
I've not look thoroughly, but guessing the dampers are something like £600/£650 new, and the springs are £150 ish. I'd be looking to get about £325

Drop me a PM if interested

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
How different are FSD's to bilstein b6/b8's? Also how old are these shocks- do you have original receipts?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only used B6's on a different vehicle so it wouldn't be a like for like comparison.
The B8 is shorter than the B6 - It's designed to be an aftermarket unit for vehicles that already come with lowered/sports suspension. The B6 will accept a lowered spring of about 30/35mm, but a B8 would generally be considered better as it's damping range is more aligned to lowered springs of 35/40mm or greater. The coil spring will also locate better on the shorter unit.
I don't know how exactly how old my FSD/Eibach kit is as it was on the car when I got it

·
Registered
103 Posts
How different are FSD's to bilstein b6/b8's? Also how old are these shocks- do you have original receipts?
The Koni FSD dampers are very comfortable and are best configured with the original springs (don't lower the ride height). When you lean on them they are great, and for the rest of the time they are quite unfussed.

If you are going to install them I would recommend the Eibach anti roll bars, as these make a significant difference to the manners of the car.

It depends what set up you like and what you expect from the car; if I had another GTA I would run KW coil-overs but everybody has their preference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts