Alfa Romeo Forum banner

181 - 200 of 225 Posts

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I ended up with plans for Sunday so couldn't have made it anyway.

Forecast at the moment for Sunday isn't great but I'll keep an eye on it.

There's the option to subscribe to the thread at the top of the page on the "Thread Tools" tab so you can set up notification for the thread with the option of daily email notifications if you want.

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
I don't really care what anyone thinks :IGNORE:

:p

I was actually having dinner in the same place we had dinner at the first AO meet of the year, nom nom nom :D

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I was wondering what reply I'd get by not mentioning the Celtic Ross by name :lol: :thumbs:

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Weather not looking great for Sunday. I can't make the 23rd or 30th so it'll probably be 2019 for the next meet.

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #191

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
What usually happens when ye meet up I'm a complete newbie
At the appointed hour we solemnly gather in a place The David has ordained. We wait humbly as The David inspects our cars, magnifying glass and colour chart in hand. We wait hoping for the grudging nod of approval but many must suffer the humiliation of a dismissive tut, or the derisive snigger as they are sent on their way with a flick of the hand, banished until the next gathering and the opportunity to please The David. The remaining lucky few are blessed with following The David at a respectful distance as he navigates the roads of destiny. Many times along this path The David stops and the faithful gather round to hear The David tell of tales of yore, such as how he dealt with a particularly stubborn dirt spot on the door, or the time an evil stone dinged the paintwork. Sometimes the acolytes are bidden to relate their own stories, unworthy as they are, until the David yawns and turns away. We know it is time to get back into our cars and, once again, follow our leader. At the end of the journey The David seeks out a hostelry where he seats his followers around himself. There The David gives us his blessing and, if we have been very good, there is cake.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
At the appointed hour we solemnly gather in a place The David has ordained. We wait humbly as The David inspects our cars, magnifying glass and colour chart in hand. We wait hoping for the grudging nod of approval but many must suffer the humiliation of a dismissive tut, or the derisive snigger as they are sent on their way with a flick of the hand, banished until the next gathering and the opportunity to please The David. The remaining lucky few are blessed with following The David at a respectful distance as he navigates the roads of destiny. Many times along this path The David stops and the faithful gather round to hear The David tell of tales of yore, such as how he dealt with a particularly stubborn dirt spot on the door, or the time an evil stone dinged the paintwork. Sometimes the acolytes are bidden to relate their own stories, unworthy as they are, until the David yawns and turns away. We know it is time to get back into our cars and, once again, follow our leader. At the end of the journey The David seeks out a hostelry where he seats his followers around himself. There The David gives us his blessing and, if we have been very good, there is cake.
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
184 Posts
What usually happens when ye meet up I'm a complete newbie
Post of the year!

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
How kind. :)

I can't compete with Fred though. His posts are beautifully written and laugh-out-loud funny with comic timing rarely encountered in written form. He should write a book.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
How kind. :)

I can't compete with Fred though. His posts are beautifully written and laugh-out-loud funny with comic timing rarely encountered in written form. He should write a book.
Which Fred?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't even come close to matching that post, definitely award worthy, I will await with bated breath and hoping for the nod from the The David in the new year, wishing you all a happy Christmas and a healthy and happy New year

181 - 200 of 225 Posts