Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine sat in a box at the moment, not sure if I can be bothered getting it back on the car...

Bought last year (August I think) from Wizard, fitted perfectly (very close fit between lambda sensor and AC compressor - a very slight mark was left in the lambda sensor housing from contacting, but Dan mentioned there's some room were for rotating the pipe for better alignment), and really made a huge difference to the turbo response!

Pretty sure the lower heat shield won't fit over it however, due to the angle the lambda comes out from the pipe being slightly different to OEM fitment.. Might be a way of getting it to line up, but I didn't bother.

Got spotted on my most recent MOT, so I had to re-fit the OEM cat-pipe for re-test. Absolutely 100% cannot be bothered making a yearly routine out of swapping this pipe over, however as far as I know I'm the only person to be caught like this.. A lot of people run decat pipes in this position and haven't been caught by it! You pays your money, you takes your risks!

Pipe is ready to fit, and has stainless bolts/washers to nip up to your existing downpipe/flex section.. No new gaskets, but I've been re-using my OEM ones each time with no leaks.

Was purchased to fit my '07 GT Blackline, with the 1.9 JTDm CF4 engine (plastic mani with metal flaps, visible lambda sensor below the turbo at the front).

So any bites?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just curious how much are you looking for it mate?

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious how much are you looking for it mate?

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
As much as possible :jester:

Was £160 delivered from Wizard, and they're listed for €115 + postage from JTD performance so that's an idea of ballpark figures for new parts...

Not seen a decat pipe sell second hand before, but since it's a straight through stainless pipe there's no much wear and tear that it's subject to!

Ideally it'll cover the cost of picking up a second hand original cat that I can play with.. Want to try the original piece with the internals removed and see how that feels compared to the decat pipe..

It's a shame because I really like the performance of the decat pipe, so I'm a little hesitant to sell it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts