Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been having trouble with my pasenger side front lights not comming on, its not the bulbs but a dodgy connection somewhere.
while ive been messing about with it trying to get it working ive come across this plug and cant see anywhere for it to plug into? its just below the air box, the yellow and red plug at the end of my fingers.
any of you guys know what its for and where its supposed to plug into??

thanks

deano

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dunno what its for, but lots of car manufacturers use the same looms for all varients of their cars. It may well be a connector for a component that you don't have, maybe alarm?

Or a plug in check wire for engine diagnostics?

As I always say too late,

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deano, I know this is sooooo obvious but have you checked the fuses? Each side is fused independantly.

wrinx

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi wrinx
no i havent checked the fuses yet, i didnt know they where independent, but i didnt think it could be that anyway because when ive been fiddling about with them some times they have been flicking on and then off? so i thought it must be a loose connection somewhere.
the only thing i cant get to work at all is the full beem on that side.
ill check the fuses tomorrow when its light.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
normaly its the bulb holder thats the problem they corrode inside and also the socket that fits into it.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Deano

I have the same plug on my 1.8 16v which isn't connected to anything but does have a plastic cap on the end to stop any muck getting to it.

-------------------
Ian H

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In that case I think JB may be right, they do corrode or fit loosely. Has a similiar thing with the rears.

wrinx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts