Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I went to start her up on the weekend and it would not engage reverse so i tried 1st, 2nd 3rd etc but no gear would engage. I turned the ignition off and then all the gears could be engaged :confused:

fired the car up again and the same it would not engage. again turned the car off selected reverse fired her up then reversed tried to select 1st and no :confused: had to turn her off select 1st so I could pull away wentfor 2nd and was totally fine and has been fine ever since I have had the clutch done last year and with it being fine ever since really am confused.

so any ideas?

matt

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Saw this the other day on S10_GTA's car. Was very strange. Although he could get reverse it would crunch in unless he started in reverse and same with first ETC. The only fault we could see was that his lower engine mount was quite worn and so the engine was hanging slightly lower than normal( few mm) I believe his cured itself too. :confused:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
It must be something to do with the position of the dog teeth on the shafts or something. They just all alligned perfectly to create the problem. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts