Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Looking at cars generally classed as classic or collectible they generally have curves like Beetles , Etypes, MGBs , Minis , Alfa 8C. There don’t appear to be many classics with sharp edges. The Honda EV has a similar friendly shape.
I did not mean they had to be angular to be a classic...I just meant that, to my eye, cars with sharper lines don't age as fast. The 159 is pretty edgey and pointy at the front (and I'm sure most owners would agree that that the best and most timeless part of the cars design). With the exception of the rear lights the more rounded rear end is ok but fairly non descript...compared to the front at least. As I said above its all personal taste.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Even the most beautiful car will go through its limbo period where it is in between what is current, and what is classic. An example being the Aston Martin DB7.. it's not a recognised classic and its not current enough to be a status symbol. In time though it will be recognised as one of the beautiful Astons.

Maybe the best approach is to appreciate what you see in something and not try and make it something to appeal to all.

I fear with the advent of over reliance on electronics and the inevitability of EVs that we simply may not be making "classic" cars any more. How many cars this century will be found in classic show in 30 years?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts