Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 'Motor system control failure warning' coming up on my 2005 GT 1.9 jtd, there appears to be sod all wrong with the car.....You know what faults with Alfa electrics are like!
Is there anyone with any ideas on how to reset this or is it an exspensive trip to my main dealer? :confused:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I've had alarms over the last week or so during the recent cold spell. Providing whatever initially caused the warning has cleared is should go on it own.

If it hasn't cleared by tomorrow morning try starting it up, turn it off, start it again. Repeat 3 or four times, this will clear erroneous alarms. If it persists something is wrong and will need a reader to identify the code.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, I'll give that a go, anythings worth a try, I've been driving it like it for 3 weeks in all weather and there seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with the car that I can tell.
Cheers
Adie

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If you can find anyone near you with AlfaDiag or one of the other software systems they can read off the error message and let you know if it is minor or major - they can also clear it for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts