Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all,

Thanks to Vantastic and everyone else who helped me to become the Rep for the Republic of Ireland.

I will be organising a few new year meets for all the Southern members here in the new year.

Thank you all,

Damien_C

·
Registered
698 Posts
congrats Damien,

Keep us Irish members posted......!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No bothers, I shall intend to organise a few meets in the new year.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There shall be some all right. January maybe as I have the month off college.

·
Registered
121 Posts
All I could afford while in college was a Yamaha RX 100 although I did "graduate" to a TZR250 - manic - they should put a 2 stroke in a 156 some time. If I could've afforded an Alfa in college then wow that would have added a couple of notches..... Roll on 2008 and good luck with the forum and the exams..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I could afford while in college was a Yamaha RX 100 although I did "graduate" to a TZR250 - manic - they should put a 2 stroke in a 156 some time. If I could've afforded an Alfa in college then wow that would have added a couple of notches..... Roll on 2008 and good luck with the forum and the exams..
Lol, I wish it would add some notches lmao:D:D I don't think the women in CIT are too clued about real cars only the DRIFTER's machines and the ones that go vrrrrommmmm piiiiittttssssccccchhhhhhh everywere. :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: I hope the exams go well too, I am screwed for maths not really my strong point and accounting:( :cry: :cry:

Now your car I would like, and in college I am sure it would snap knicker elastic for miles around and annoy all the Honda drivers in there:D:p

·
Registered
317 Posts
Actually think ive seen your car a couple of times dropping my daughter to school. You live accross from john the baptist?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Actually think ive seen your car a couple of times dropping my daughter to school. You live accross from john the baptist?
Just down the road in Lauriston - eldest born should hopefully be going there next September. Gimme a hoot when passing. Which car do you normally drive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Damien, wonder if you could help me out here. I just bought an alfa 147 1.6 t spark 120bhp in black... the love of my life barr my woman. The issue is that the car was givin low oil pressure warnings, motor control system failures etc. I took it back to the place i bought it n ashbourne and the dealer was a real pig and tried to blame me on damaging the car . he eventually said he would ge it looked at. two weeks later the caris ready and apparently working fine. I take it up to letterkenny where i go to college and then back down through dublin to go to kerry to see my parents.

I totalled 500miles approx as i reached the dublin mark when lowand behold the dash is laughing at me again giving me the same problems as before. I take it back to mr kieran and he tells me to take it to donoghues alfa who he paid €500 euro. I reluctantly take it there.

Alfa are astonished to find i have burned 3.5 litres of oil in 500 miles. I take it back to the joker who sold it to me who then says pick another car instead.... seems reasonable enough barr the fact he has nothing else worth buying. I refuse as there is nothing else. he then says well ill giveyou back 4500 I paid 1750 and got a trade in price of 3750 with my own car. total €5500. I refuse and say Im due my full money back as he sold me a dud car. he laughs and says you are not dueyour full mone back as you have driven it for a month. (he gave me a courtesy car the firsttime it broke down) the bottom line ends up i have to now go see a solicitor to gain a full refund or else get the car fixed myself and try to get him to pay for it. The question I want to ask you.... Is the car worth fixing, a mate of mine knows a greatmechanic who can do it reasonably for me. or should i fight this guy and lose my dreamcar??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like your style! I have to admit, the car is by far the best ive ever had barr this problem. Thanks for the reply. Its a shame we live in the day and age where you have to chase people to sort **** out.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What bob donny said is what I would personally reccommend or get a solicitors letter it would be the best 150/200 euro you could spend. He won't be soon backing down.

·
Registered
698 Posts
If the dealer is an SIMI member, they are supposed to have some kind of complaints procedure? I have never used it, so have no idea if it is any good or not.

I had to take the dealer I got my GTV from to the small claims court for not standing over his word when he sold me the car. It took a while but he eventually paid up and it only cost me a fiver and some time.

There is a limit to the value that you can claim but I think it is about 2K now, might be worth looking into.

Good luck, and don't let the fecker away with it!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Volmars sure throw your name down for the Alfa/ Karting meet:D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.