Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale? Really want one!

Wouldn't say no to a fully loaded 3.2 Brera either:cool:

If anyone hears anything, please let me know:)

Needs to be at a dealer as need a top P/X deal for my lovely.

Cheers,

·
Registered
841 Posts
Good luck simon but I think you may be left wanting on both fronts. the 3.2 TI is rocking horse droppings and having recently spoken to a couple of Alfa dealers about my part x valuation it wasnt great even when I was looking at a brand new 159 1750TBI fully loaded on factory order. Believe it or not a local non Alfa dealer offered me a grand more for it against a car that was nearly £7K less to buy and then told me that the Alfa delaers had offered £500 under the cap/glasses valuations???? :mad:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
There is a stunning black 159Ti, being driven around Swansea, although I don't know the engine size, and I mentioned it to Kelvin at Dutton Foreshaw in Cardiff, and he had sold it to the owner. Would it be worth giving them a ring and finding out if they can get you one........:thumbs:

Just a thought........:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Been on the lookout for a 3.2 TI for over a year to no avail. Love my 2.2 but has to be said it is a tad sluggish. Can't help but think in a year's time all eyes will be on the 149 Cloverleaf (can't even hope to type Giullietta correctly!!) and the thirsty but lovely 3.2 will be consigned to the rose tinted memory banks. Shame really but I guess time and technology move on....

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got some really positive feedback from a trusted dealer contact last night:cool: If it's / they're the spec I'm after I'm having one.

But, my 2.2 is now such good fun to thrash & as GTleigh will testify after a late night "dabble" yesterday, it's certainly no slouch;)

Trouble is I'm now thinking late model Maser QP:eek:

N

·
0 Posts
Not tempted to wait for the Giulietta 1750 QV, S?

235 Horses in that little thing should make it a bit of a rocket. ;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Alfa 159 :cool: better looking machine to the Maser q4 imo. The new 159 1750tbi seems the obvious replacement for 2.2JTS...more powerful 200bhp v 185bhp...235km/h top speed...0-62 in 7.7seconds and better economy.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 200 1750 isn't a big enough step forward and having driven both, I prefer my 2.2, especially with mod4.

The 235 version should be interesting as long as they make it sound better & give it a higher rev limit.

V6 though is where it's at if you can stomach the fuel bill:)

G

·
0 Posts
Good luck simon but I think you may be left wanting on both fronts. the 3.2 TI is rocking horse droppings and having recently spoken to a couple of Alfa dealers about my part x valuation it wasnt great even when I was looking at a brand new 159 1750TBI fully loaded on factory order. Believe it or not a local non Alfa dealer offered me a grand more for it against a car that was nearly £7K less to buy and then told me that the Alfa delaers had offered £500 under the cap/glasses valuations???? :mad:
That very same Alfa dealer offered me a terrible part ex on my old 159 2.2. I made a decision that very day to never buy for them. Are you still looking to sell yours? I may be tempted in the future once the baby starts to take up more space. Swap it for a GT 3.2? :lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much would you be looking at for your 2.2?
Not sure Graham but I'd let it go to an Alfista for what I get offered in P/X.

Still not sure if it's the right thing to do as my car is so sweet at the mo and the upgraded stoppers make it and absolute joy to blast across Country in:cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Not sure Graham but I'd let it go to an Alfista for what I get offered in P/X.

Still not sure if it's the right thing to do as my car is so sweet at the mo and the upgraded stoppers make it and absolute joy to blast across Country in:cool:
Well if you decide give me first tabs please mate. To be honest like you I'm more than happy with my car at the moment. As you know they are superb but once the baby is here the reduced running costs with the extra doors will tempt me to change and a Ti is the only car I will consider....until I get to see a Guilietta that is :lol:

The Mangos mods really do make the 2.2 a cracking engine. It sounds as good as the V6 under full load and that is saying something!!!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A decent number of miles makes the 2.2 a cracking engine (hesitation apart) but mod 4 or similar is the icing on the cake:D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mango's had a couple of Massers in recently, if I'm not mistaken one was a QP, whether its still there tho??:confused:

Paul
The did but it was Silver.

There are plenty of low mileage 2005/6 QP's for £28 - £32 K and that's very do-able but, I'm a Civil Servant working on sensitive areas of work so it could look a tad ostentatious:eek:

My wife earns the big dough but she wants a 4200 GS. Where will it end...LOL.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
The did but it was Silver.

There are plenty of low mileage 2005/6 QP's for £28 - £32 K and that's very do-able but, I'm a Civil Servant working on sensitive areas of work so it could look a tad ostentatious:eek:

My wife earns the big dough but she wants a 4200 GS. Where will it end...LOL.

Ah, the lure of the QP...

Like a siren on the rocks it calls us 159 owners doesn't it? :lol:

I have decided to satisfy this urge with a cheap as chips XJR and if that doesn't get it out of my system then hopefully the QP will be £12k by then.

Lovely as the 159 is to look at I don't think it compares with a QP I'm afraid... there would be something seriously wrong with the QP if it did.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts