Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any expierences with the Autodelta supercharger on the 2.2?

Hi all,

Recently bought a 159 2.2 with the Autodelta supercharger. Since there is no one in my surroundings (The Netherlands) having any experience with this modification I am wondering of one of your guys have some info about maintenance, belt changes etc. What specific issues are there to take account of?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody any expierences?
I already tried to contact AD trough their webform and email but unfortunately no response yet.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
The only time I've seen anything about the 2.2 AD supercharger was in Auto Italia magazine years ago.
For what it cost, I doubt whether they ever did more than a handful.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only time I've seen anything about the 2.2 AD supercharger was in Auto Italia magazine years ago.
For what it cost, I doubt whether they ever did more than a handful.
I believe so, I know of second one for sale in my country and as far as I can find there where 3 mules used for testing here. My car for instance was one of the demonstration and press cars back in 2008 when they released this configuration in the Netherlands. It is very hard to find some info about it. But AD still sells the supercharger kit, so I keep my hopes up :).

·
Registered
81 Posts
2.2 JTS are driven by chain, not timing belt. So no other maintenance except changing oil each year. If you mean the supercharger belt, it should be very accessible to look and check.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2.2 JTS are driven by chain, not timing belt. So no other maintenance except changing oil each year. If you mean the supercharger belt, it should be very accessible to look and check.
Thnx, yes I was wondering about the belt of the supercharger. It is recently changed by the dealer where I bought the car but to my opinion it slips a bit (there is a moaning like noise which changes with the revs of the engine but sometimes continuous for a few seconds. But I will have it checked

1 - 6 of 6 Posts