Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm up for renewal in a month, been looking around and I'm starting to think people really don't like me... :)

I've been with Norwich Union since I started driving, but since this year they want £880 out of me with a £500 excess I've really given up on them.
I may only be 23, but I have 5 years NCB (never claimed for anything) with just the one speeding fine (which is about to expire) and live in a sleepy village outside cambridge where the only crime in the last 20 years was a stolen beer keg from the pub...

Realistically, I can't fathom paying that much for what is only a 2.0 156. It's nothing special really :(

The cheapest I've gotten elsewhere is AA insurance at £520 w/ £200 excess. Most people either wanted more than a grand or wouldn't insure me which is ridiculous.

Does anyone have experience of AA insurance and are they any good for claims? I don't want to have to go through a right pullava if I do ever have a crash...

V

·
0 Posts
ive had aa insurance before, they seem good but ive never had to claim from them so i wouldn't know about that, i wouldnt be worried about them not paying anyway just the price of ins.

have you tried tesco and direct line i often find them to be cheaper again

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Dont know if Adrian Flux Ins is reliable as I haven't used them yet.
Got got a really good quote from them, so will see when I need to renew.

They seem to give a good discount for being part of a Owners club like this one.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
AF are quite ineffective from personal experience. I have had quotes from them for a running two year period and they are nowhere near what I am getting from the open market!

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Nobody can come near to the prices Tesco have quoted me, over the last few Years, and they have been brilliant all round too. I highly recommend them in fact. Give them a ring, see what they say !!!!!......:thumbs:

Here is the Number, if you want to try.....0845 300 4400........

Good Luck.....

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Just insured with the AA fully comp @ £197.00, Direct Line who I've been with for years wanted £385, £80 more than last year, I went on line as a new customer and they quoted me £285!! they are having a laugh, they should be looking after their loyal customers, well they just lost one. We looked at loads of quotes, AA came out best.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Just insured with the AA fully comp @ £197.00, Direct Line who I've been with for years wanted £385, £80 more than last year, I went on line as a new customer and they quoted me £285!! they are having a laugh, they should be looking after their loyal customers, well they just lost one. We looked at loads of quotes, AA came out best.:thumbs:
Do they do car breakdown discount for insuring with them?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well as a quick update, I've finally gone with Direct Line, who knocked a further £50 off of the AA price - will see how they do for me next year Philski :)

Tesco and Flux couldn't come close :(

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
i used the AA for my Chevette a few years ago, mainly because they were the only insurers that offered cover for any other car on a TPFT policy for no extra charge. they were equal to the best price, too..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts