Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been going crazy recently buying various detailing products for the MiTo and bought some Meguiars GC Shampoo at the weekend. Gave it a whirl last night followed by some AG Aquawax. It was awesomely shiny......until it (it happens every time to me) rained!:mad: Those little beads from the rain due to the wax eventually dry out in the sun and turn to horrible dust spots and it looks terrid! I work in the sahara it seems:lol:
Ive got a few other new products to use aswell but have to wait until i know it aint gonna rain within minutes of me putting the stuff away:cry:
HAve any of you guys n gals become obbsessed with keeping your MiTo clean?

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Doesn't matter that it rains after you do it. What's important is that you have washed and protected it. Also when it's stopped raining it will be easy to just towel or chamois off. (A car detailer gave me the first rule of using a chamois: no matter how new it is, if you drop it on the ground, throw it away!)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't matter that it rains after you do it. What's important is that you have washed and protected it. Also when it's stopped raining it will be easy to just towel or chamois off. (A car detailer gave me the first rule of using a chamois: no matter how new it is, if you drop it on the ground, throw it away!)
Hell yeh! I have a chamois but use a Megs Water Magnet Drying Towel. Its like a dyson:lol:
The worst thing ive learned is how the paintwork can be so easily damaged by poor washing techniques and that the car can already be this way when picked up. Dump the sponges and get a Micro Fibre Mitt and 2 buckets is the best advice:) 1 with the soap and 1 for rinsing after every panel:thumbs:
Im getting bang into it all much to my lasses annoyance.
Cant wait to Clay and HD Wax it this weekend maybe.
For the record black is a nightmare! Swirls are so easily done:cry:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hehehehehe, i'm the same with my new mito.

ive had it just over a week, cleaned it twice so far, only rain has stopped me doing it more often.

I cleaned the interior today, even though it wasn't dirty and ive spent a fortune on cleaning stuff, megs gc shampoo, AG polish, a lambswool mitt, microfibre cloths, leather wipes, interior wipes, blah, blah, blah :lol:

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Very nice cleaning job on that.

I'll be purchasing the Auto Glym High Def wax shortly as it's meant to be brilliant. I'm also going to invest in micro-fibre cleaning cloths etc in order to avoid damaging the paint.

I've not had my MITO yet, but I'm really looking forward to christening it with its first wash and wax!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm fed up with the weather waiting until I have just finished drying it off before it pours down.
I though I'd take some pics of our Mito so gave it a wash & before I could get the camera down it came!
Took a couple of pics anyway. I've had 2 black cars before so can sympathise with the rain spots. The white is very forgiving in that respect.
I always found black so rewarding to clean. You can really tell when someone knows what they are doing when you see a well polished & gleaming example. Just more frustrating then that they show the rain spots when it's rained & dust when it doesn't!
Looks fantastic though, good job!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Lookin good Gizto29 :thumbs:

Oh yes, I've bought micro-fibre mitts, towels, buffing cloth, etc. So frustrating at the mo Fabrizio is filthy an there isn't long enough between downpours to get out an wash him :cry:

So is it a MiTo thing or a general Alfa thing I wonder?? either way I never got like this about my previous cars.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
So is it a MiTo thing or a general Alfa thing I wonder?? either way I never got like this about my previous cars.
I'd say a general Alfa thing. An Alfa is like a living, breathing thing. Most people who buy Alfas feel something deeper than a mode of transport and want to take care of their cars. Something special about Alfas. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I'd say a general Alfa thing. An Alfa is like a living, breathing thing. Most people who buy Alfas feel something deeper than a mode of transport and want to take care of their cars. Something special about Alfas. :thumbs:
You're not wrong, I've always loved cars and never thought of them as just a means of getting from a to b, but Alfas just take it to another level.

Many, many years ago my brother had an Alfasud, an when he went off to Australia for 6 months he left it in my care, god I was so p'd off when he came back, that was when I realised that Alfa are a breed apart. Going back to my old banger of a mini just wasn't the same even tho I loved it dearly :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the kind comments guys!:) Its nice as it takes alot of effort as you all know!:lol: I agree with Ubizzle, i never felt like this except with my Renault 5 GT Turbo when i was 20ish. I think certain cars just deserve to be kept looking good and the MiTo is defo one of them!
Good to see everyone else is busy as a bee cleaning aswell.
MiTo155, yours looks lovely especially with the 18s! :thumbs: Gave a lad a lift home from work today and he was well impressed coming out with the comment this could give a Type R a run for its money.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i washed my babe today...she is gleamin....i had my pug for two yrs and washed her twice...mito for 2 months washed her so many times i lost count....it is an alfa thing i agree...i love cars but my babe is not my car shes my babe.....god that sounds crap....obsessed or wat:cheese:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts