Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fancy getting involved in these but in Sheffield I seem to be in the middle between Lincs, North West and Yorks but not close enough to any :confused:

I'll be going to Renishaw Hall and showing at Hope as I have done for several years but I'm always the only Alfa.

Ta

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,447 Posts
You'd be very welcome in Lincs Simon.

We are having a Dawn Meet at the Humber Bridge next Month and I'm hoping to organize a Pub Meet before that in the South of the Region.

I have thought in the past that S Yorks is a bit isolated in AO terms so if you fancy a job.......... !

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nige,

Well if anyone wants to meet me at Renishaw Hall Classic Car show on June 12th we can make that the inaugural South Yorks meet, or the Hope Classic Car show on the 24th.

·
16,447 Posts
Thanks Nige,

Well if anyone wants to meet me at Renishaw Hall Classic Car show on June 12th we can make that the inaugural South Yorks meet, or the Hope Classic Car show on the 24th.

:thumbs: Well that's how I started before going green, just organizing the occasional Pub Meet. It seemed to me that there was a fair bit of interest in people meeting up but no one was doing anything other than talk about it.

At that time Lincs Section didn't exist and we were part of East Midlands which meant that any Meets that happened were miles away. Anyway as a result Lincs broke away with me at the helm and EM became revitalised with new Reps too.

There may be a case for a Yorkshire Sub Section, if interested you could have a chat with Bobda to see what he thinks.

Hope you get a response for your two suggestions and I would suggest that you prepare and submit an Event, it will then go to the Rep for approval.

Meanwhile I always have an Event in July/August at a place on the A57 just West of Lincoln. It's a Pub Classic Car night and is usually very well attended with LOTS of cars there, not too far from you. Take a look in the Lincs Lounge Stickies

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/lincolnshire/194496-links-to-meetings-pictures-thread.html

" Marinas, Boats, and Classic Cars, " I think there are three pic Threads linked in there.

Meanwhile, happy spannering !

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks Zender I'll pop over to that

Nige,I've posted on the Yorkshire page suggesting a meet with a view to forming a splinter group!

·
16,447 Posts
Thanks sender I'll pop over to that

Nige,I've posted on the Yorkshire page suggesting a meet with a view to forming a splinter group!

:thumbs: :D

I can see you getting sucked in quite easily !

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That doesn't matter, I posted on the Yorkshire page so it would be great to get a good mix from any era.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a reminder about the Strines Inn meet tonight if anyone else is interested

1 - 13 of 13 Posts