Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am regularly aware that I look like a complete novice driver when I try and do a sharp u turn from a main road onto a parallel small road that runs alongside shops. I sigh to myself when I have to make the turn with a car parked right on the end and have to do at least one reverse to get through whilst other cars just swing straight through. Trying to swing from one side of the road to the other on a smallish local road is equally as problematic.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
It catches me out a bit, I drive a Vw Transporter a lot of the time and it actually has a better turning circle than my 147, the Missus drives the 147 a lot and she takes the P big time when I miss a bay or something which is bad since I taught her to drive:mad:

·
Registered
974 Posts
I am regularly aware that I look like a complete novice driver when I try and do a sharp u turn from a main road onto a parallel small road that runs alongside shops. I sigh to myself when I have to make the turn with a car parked right on the end and have to do at least one reverse to get through whilst other cars just swing straight through. Trying to swing from one side of the road to the other on a smallish local road is equally as problematic.
159 turning circle was more than fine, my ST is on par with a 156 though :( LOL!.. It's rubbish. I remember doing some tight 3 pointers in a 156 it was comedic at best.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Same issue with the Giulietta
Hardly: Giulietta's turning circle of 10.9 m is typical for its class: better than a BMW1 or Ford Focus, same as a VW Golf or Audi A3, just 40cm bigger than a Toyota Auris's.

The 147's turning circle was 12.6 m! Every turn is a three-point turn in a 147.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I regularly hit full lock during normal city driving in my 3.2 Gt (same at a GTA I think). Quite entertaining when you turn left out of a side road and end up facing oncoming traffic because you can't turn tight enough :D

Although I borrowed a 147 TS and I was surprised at how much better the turning circle was.

·
Registered
938 Posts
my gt turn perfectly, all you need to do as u turn is give a little gas (belt that drives power steering needs some help) and it parks like a dream

·
Registered
314 Posts
The best is when you get to a mini roundabout in the GTA and you want to go back on yourself! no chance, it turns into a 3 point turn!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
In every other make of car I've owned I could drive off our drive & park at the roadside in one operation. Try that with the Alfas & I've have ended up parked a metre or so from the kerb!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts