Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

am buying red car interior of ebay and was wandering if any one knew any place that would would swap the interior over,

i would do it myself but really me and diy does not mix and it always ends up costing me more lol

so i just give someone else the pleasure :p

KIndest Regards,

Stephen

L

·
0 Posts
I know davealfa11 is from Merseyside, he may know of some-one or maybe interested himself to do the work :)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
It really is a DIY job, should take less than an hour for a first timer, just make sure battery is disconnected to prevent airbag warning lights. Four allen bolts for each front seat. and not many more for rear.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
It really is a DIY job, should take less than an hour for a first timer, just make sure battery is disconnected to prevent airbag warning lights. Four allen bolts for each front seat. and not many more for rear.
Agreed, easy DIY job, first thing I tackled when I got my 156, only two bolts for the rear seat ,the rest kinda hooks onto the bulkhead...

BTW, It's Alfa, not A l p h a ;) (member car)

L

·
0 Posts
YES, seats can be changed in an hours BUT FULL interior will include door cards & 'B' pillar covers so thats at least another 2 hours to do it RIGHT. if his car has 2 rear head rests & the donor interior has 3 then the parcel shelf & 3rd belt will need to be replaced too, thats MORE time.

L

·
0 Posts
YES, seats can be changed in an hours BUT FULL interior will include door cards & 'B' pillar covers so thats at least another 2 hours to do it RIGHT. if his car has 2 rear head rests & the donor interior has 3 then the parcel shelf & 3rd belt will need to be replaced too, thats MORE time.

·
Registered
873 Posts
PM me with your mobile number, if you can get over to West Yorks I can help/teach you how to do it. I've done at least a dozen 156 interior swaps and am due to have a clear out of stuff soon so can dispose of the removed items for you too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank for all your replys,
Really helpful and am sorry about the name Mistake :(

It's first time I've had an alfa and I've still not even driven her yet
But it looks like I have to put this on hold till next month
As I have to pay a £400 to get her though mot and back on road

But that hopefully will be everything but you never no
And I can't wait to get interior changed it will look mint black car with red interior
MMM and also got one of them DVD sat Navs to put into :)

Thanks again to all and if any off you have any tips on regular up keep of this car
It would be grateful, I can't wait know roll Thursday for first drive :p

·
Registered
873 Posts
black with red leather is the dogs....IMO at least!

Hope all goes well and you enjoy your first drive. Upkeep...stick to the service intervals and use the search facility on here for any ongoing issues. If your handbook has the 6yr/72,000 miles cambelt change interval, you need to halve it and replace the belt every 3 years/36,000 miles.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
see my mate had the cambelt snap when heh had the car. he got it all repaired for £1000 and then about a month later he didn’t need the car so park it up and it has been parked for two years.
the garage did say that the engine its self was perfect and it did need anything doing,

know I no from him that the belts were never changed and the mileage did get to over 100k before it snapped

so 3 years should do me though uni and and I was thinking of getting it service every 10k to be on safekeeping but I suppose who knows what can happen with any car lol

Thanks for the advice mate really helpful.....

now if anyone know of decent tyres but for decent price id be grateful iv been told they got an advisory on mot more cash boooooo lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hankook if buying new. I've run them for 20,000 miles on my 166 and only paid £60 each for 245/45 ZR17s. They are now about half worn on the front.

If you're on a budget you could consider secondhand/part worns. Not the best option if you intend to drive hard and/or vary fast and each tyre would need a thorough inspection but cheaper than brand new tyres.

Otherwise look for secondhand wheels on eBay, which sometimes come with excellent tyres with the added advantage that you might be able to sell your current wheels and get some cash back.

Or send RGWM a private message via this forum and see what wheels he has in stock...

If the rear tyres are wearing on the inside edge the rear arms/bushes will need replacing otherwise you'll have to replace the tyres again in a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I only just notice your replys please forgive me for mine,

yeah ive seen them nice alloy ones you got i wish i had the cash lol

ive got a £300 pound garage bill to pay in the tmoz but i dont mind as it means i can drive her at last excited
but not for the poor mpg these cars produced but hey its fun to drive :)

and i did end up getting 3 part worn tyres as it was 60 for the 3 and i just needed to get the mot done
and that at least gives me the chance to get around and about lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts