Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking to get a towbar bike rack for my 156. Although the ones ive seen seem to be over a 100 pounds and cant quite bring my self to get one - but a muddy bike that needs to go on the back seat in my Alfa is not a good combo!

If any one has one for sale please PM me!

BTW can i fit a roof rack to my 156 saloon ? ive heard bad thing from this but my owners manuals hints at it ?

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
912 Posts
You could have my Hollywood 3-bike rack for £20 but it's a bit far for you to come! Can't be arsed packing it all up for posting, but if you're ever up North you can take it. I'm in Salisbury for 2 days in February . . .

I used it many times on both my 156 saloon and SW without a problem.

It's the High-Mount one:

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers bezste, as I've got a tow bar already fitted think I will try and find a towbar mounted one.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
You can get roof-racks for the 156. As it doesn't have a gutter to clamp to it fits onto 4 pins in the doorshuts. They are behind the door seals. Feel along the top edge and you'll find them.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi again, Just found a link to the rack I don't need. Tow Ball 3 or 4 Bike Rack
Mine has one split in the underside of the plastic covering on one arm, does not affect how it works , just looks. Can post a pic if you want. I see they are now £114 but I was thinking no more tha half that. Could be collected near Liverpool Airport to save carriage. Otherwise carriage at cost, again will get a price if anybody interested.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
why not get a padded bike bag, they come with wheel bags too.........pop dirty bike and zip up and load in the car..... :) one negative with having bike on back is u cannot leave the car anywhere for risk of theft......ie if u stop at cafe etc on way home.......and carrying bikes causes drag which uses fuel

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
why not get a padded bike bag, they come with wheel bags too.........pop dirty bike and zip up and load in the car..... :) one negative with having bike on back is u cannot leave the car anywhere for risk of theft......ie if u stop at cafe etc on way home.......and carrying bikes causes drag which uses fuel
This.

I've got an older version of this and recommend it: Chain Reaction Cycles Complete Bike & Wheel Bags - CRC Logo 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

You might even get two in, but it would be pushing it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the suggetikns I think I might get a bike bag and then take the tow bar off! Although I now need to get a new bike as my crank is bust and the bike itself is not worth the repair. Thanks all for your comments

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts