Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm on the verge of buying a 3ltr GTV, and the neighbour has worried me about the ability to get it on/off the driveway. Anyone with a GTV V6 near Tunbridge Wells, who'd be willing to pop around to see if it'll go?! There'd be a cuppa and a some adoring looks at your car if so!
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Good luck with that one!

From that description, sounds like there is potential for damage here...

You can go on Wikipedia and get GTV dimensions and use a tape measure to check.

Which is what I did to check the clearance on my drive incline and that it would go in my garage.

If you do get one then you'll be more than welcome to join a number of SE events that I'm hosting.. Details listed in SE forum.

All the best.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with that one!

From that description, sounds like there is potential for damage here...

You can go on Wikipedia and get GTV dimensions and use a tape measure to check.

Which is what I did to check the clearance on my drive incline and that it would go in my garage.

If you do get one then you'll be more than welcome to join a number of SE events that I'm hosting.. Details listed in SE forum.

All the best.
If you go slow there is NO risk of damage. I'd be there keeping close eye!!

It is for ground clearance over the lump to get on the drive. So impossible to tell from dimensions! No issue with width!

My lowered vw bay window camper has no issue even with the side step. Neighbour has a very low audi a6 estate that can only just get on, but that is low and has a very long wheel base!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am in T Wells.

The front is very low in fact the whole car is low, my low trolley jack won't even go under the sills...whereas it does just on my VX! I mindful of this when out and about and luckily have never beached or scuffed it.

Mine has the factory fitted aero kit...the front spoiler is very low, it can scuff on most sharp inclines and could rip off the front if chancing it on the wrong incline etc.

I can pop round if you want but it will have to be on a dry day:biglaugh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in T Wells.

The front is very low in fact the whole car is low, my low trolley jack won't even go under the sills...whereas it does just on my VX! I mindful of this when out and about and luckily have never beached or scuffed it.

Mine has the factory fitted aero kit...the front spoiler is very low, it can scuff on most sharp inclines and could rip off the front if chancing it on the wrong incline etc.

I can pop round if you want but it will have to be on a dry day:biglaugh:

Thanks for getting back to me. However, I've decided I don't want it to put me off getting one. So am gonna buy one and cross my fingers is fits.

If not it'll have to live on the road for 12-18months until we redo the drive :D

I'll let you know how it goes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got one... and it fits!! Just. And only if I drive in, not if I reverse! But hey beats parking on the road. And the car is awesome. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Well I got one... and it fits!! Just. And only if I drive in, not if I reverse! But hey beats parking on the road. And the car is awesome. :biglaugh:
That's good - glad it all worked out for you! ... and Yes, the V6 does make an awesome sound.

Anyway, you are more than welcome to join a group of us for various V6 and 916 events during April > May > July. Events already posted up in SE forum.

(PS. with regards to my reply, having re-read what I put, did come across as a bit harsh - not intended that way and apologies if I offended in anyway :thumbup:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts