Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently awaiting my new company car - 180 Tecnica in Alfa White with black cloth and red leather trim ..
Yes unfortunately had to choose from one of six current stock availability to beat the new emissions and mpg rules coming in September !!

Just wanted to get any feed back from a company car perspective , lease car fully maintained etc .. I drive around 40K miles a year so I'm hoping I've made a good choice over the usual German ' norm'

Cheers

Paul :knockedout:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Paul, I ordered a 180 Tecnica but the factory wouldn't accept orders for Diesels, I was offered a White with red interior but white was not my first choice so have ended up ordering a 180 Speciale that was one of a number 'already available' I have done 105k in my Merc and wanted something different, I am hoping I also made the right choice... the factory not accepting orders for a company car driver is a nightmare as you usually don't get to go, it's Ok I can wait....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul, I ordered a 180 Tecnica but the factory wouldn't accept orders for Diesels, I was offered a White with red interior but white was not my first choice so have ended up ordering a 180 Speciale that was one of a number 'already available' I have done 105k in my Merc and wanted something different, I am hoping I also made the right choice... the factory not accepting orders for a company car driver is a nightmare as you usually don't get to go, it's Ok I can wait....
Let's hope we are both pleased with our choices then :drink:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I meant to say I don't think there will be many posts in this thread as sales of the Tecnica are pretty low volumes to date, I think the 180 will be a good choice for a company car especially with the high mileage we do, does your company supplier use 3rd party maintainers or will you get to service it at an Alfa Dealer? When is your car due for delivery? Mine is September due to the expiry of my current car lease. Although mine is due to the dealer late June so will sit for 2 months.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Chris

Yes the Tecnica seems a rare breed at the moment and aimed at the company car driver such as ourselves.

It’s a lease car and it’s in the uk (status 40) which I guess means it’s in storage at the docks somewhere - hopefully get my hands on it in the next couple of weeks.

I’m fully expecting it to go to the ‘local’ Alfa dealer for all servicing needs etc. But as I’m sure you know well, lease companies sometimes get strange ideas.

Strangely enough I tried getting hold of a Montecarlo Blue with Tan interior but not one in the country when we tried to source it over the last couple of weeks hence the white with red trim ... let’s hope it isn’t too Lairy inside 🤣🤣

·
Registered
208 Posts
let’s hope it isn’t too Lairy inside 🤣🤣
I don't think it will be, I really wanted Red with the Red/Black interior but the dealer only had Monza Red Speciale's available and with Monza Red you can only have Black, Black or Black... the red or tan leather aren't options which is strange as pick most other colours and it's take your pick... so odd, but I am sure the Red will look amazing...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think it will be, I really wanted Red with the Red/Black interior but the dealer only had Monza Red Speciale's available and with Monza Red you can only have Black, Black or Black... the red or tan leather aren't options which is strange as pick most other colours and it's take your pick... so odd, but I am sure the Red will look amazing...
the company i work for dont allow red cars ?????? and the available stock last week was a single Silverstone Grey with Black/Black, or loads of Alfa Red with Red / Black (which i would have chosen !!) or the white with Red / Black trim (or is it black /red??)
anyway, the white comes with split folding rear seats and red brake callipers which none of the others did, so fingers crossed :wavey:
ill post a few pictures when she arrives :lick:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mine is September due to the expiry of my current car lease. Although mine is due to the dealer late June so will sit for 2 months.
Hi Paul, so got some great news today to say that I can have my car in the next two weeks as it is ready for delivery, you might see my other post on it but basically they have said that I get the car now and they will return my current car early, so super excited now :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Paul, so got some great news today to say that I can have my car in the next two weeks as it is ready for delivery, you might see my other post on it but basically they have said that I get the car now and they will return my current car early, so super excited now :)
That’s fantastic having her arrive for the summer, mate, much better than an autumnal coat of mud and spray on your brand new ride :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
That’s fantastic having her arrive for the summer, mate, much better than an autumnal coat of mud and spray on your brand new ride :)
Indeed and so many car shows and get togethers that I can now take her to and enjoy, not sure if people are going to Festival Italia at Brands Hatch but would be great to take her there, been before as a spectator and loved it.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have worked for a company that didn't allow yellow cars (a reasonable position IMO) but red, that's harsh.
Back in the days before the Chancellor spoiled our fun with excessive company car tax, my company used to allow any car, any colour, 2 door, 4 door, 5 door, 2 seaters, 4 seaters, 5 seaters, 7 seaters - you name it, provided it was within your allowance (and we could top this up with our own money), you could have anything you liked. There were Porsches, Lotus, Aston as well as many BMWs, Mercs, Audis etc. They worked on the basis that you could pay a guy £40k and give him a Ford Focus and he would ***** all day, every day, but give him £20k and a 3 series BMW and he'd be as happy as a pig in ploppy.

The one exception to this petrol head's nirvana - we could have anything we liked.........except Alfa Romeos!

·
Registered
208 Posts
My company don't allow Convertibles, 2 seaters or anything that produces over 130g/km CO2, so you are looking at small petrol engine cars or Diesel cars, hence the 180 Diesel Giulia is perfect for a co. car driver who wants a bit more poke than the standard Diesel Giulia, otherwise the Veloce would be nice...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So how did it go Paul?
Hi Chris,

finally got her Friday afternoon and then had the 250 mile mainly motorway cruise back down south which was sublime.

plenty of admiring glances for the car and plenty of time to get acquainted and discover some of the Alfa quirks that make them so interesting compared to the rest..

the lane departure warning sounds like PacMan :rofl: Sat Nav takes a little learning but am sure it will become just as intuitive as any other - especially after i managed to unmute it after half the journey and actually hear directions:rofl:

gear box is perfectly suited to the torque of the 2.2 diesel engine but the speed and sharpness of turn in took me by surprise a couple of times , especially after my previous front drive understeering V40 R Design.

couple of slight niggles (not car related but lease company related) in that it turns out i think that it is a 2017 MY Giulia and not 2018 as i was expecting, and none of the software updates appear to have been done either, so am off to what should become my regular Alfa service centre, Monza Sport for a chat later this afternoon.

early days yet, but very impressed so far ...

when is yours arriving??

Cheers Paul

·
Registered
208 Posts
especially after i managed to unmute it after half the journey and actually hear directions:rofl:

when is yours arriving??
Good glad you love it...

On the satnav, LOL I did the same, I'd completed a whole journey before I was like, surely she should be saying something...

So I have had mine a week now and very impressed, I have done nearly 900 miles already, no issues or dramas and am now letting myself play with the DNA more, more D for playing though, quick for a Diesel, I took it to Baston Car show yesterday and displayed it, a good mix of age groups interested but mainly younger guys taking pics and get the same in traffic, I gave it the full detail treatment on the outside Saturday night and looked stunning once again....

My biggest and only real niggle is the Speed Limiter, why oh why is that shut away in the Infotainment system... does not make sense to me at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts