Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know if the antirollbar bushings in the front "A-arms" are deattachable?

Regards

A. Möller

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I investigated the subject yesterday. The bushings are easily deattached from the front wishbones. No problem. No I hope to get serious stuff made before the track day on wednesday.

/A

G

·
Do you aim to improve the inherent understeer? I am curious: Are you putting in harder bushes with standard or uprated anti roll bars?
Please let us know how it affects your car's handling on the race track.

Kind regards
Jacques Labuschagne

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will replace the bushings in the wishbone for suitable plastic ones, like teflon for example, and I will attach the antirollbar with a pair of ball joints (rod ends). I post a picture of it when it's done.

Unfortunately I couldn't get it done on my job this week as promised so I'll have to drive it standrad tomorrow on Ring Knutstorp. But for the next race track event in september I hope I will be able test it. I also hope I have had "spindle-adapors" made so that I can move the attach point spindle/wishbone about 50 mm dowbnwards to compensate for the geometry change induced by the Eibach lowering springs. Exciting.

/A.

G

·
You could try fitting Lancia Dedra Integrale anti roll bars - I believe they go straight on both the 155 & 155 q4 - well worth a look as the Dedra integrale (2.0 turbo 4x4) ran 23mm anti roll bars.

Cheers,
alex

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard that before, but every time it's discussed people have different opinions about what is and what is not on the Lancia Dedra Integrale. 23 or 24 mm front antiroll bar?

On the Q4, both front and rear antirollbar is bent over the ... ? , well lets call it longitudinal transmission axle. That's why the Eibach antirollbar kit doesn't fit the Q4. Then, fact is 23 mm front and 19 mm rear antirollbar thickness. That's it.

If the projects discussed above don't help at all, perhaps I buy a Lancia antirollbar. It's not much money.

/A. Möller

·
Registered
715 Posts
My Eibach antiroll bars came with new bushes I think. I did get them second hand though. They come off easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts