Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing front Antiroll bar bushes. BIG JOB??
Hi folks long time no speak sorry. Anyway just wondering how big a job it is to change the front rollbar bushes. Been told its a subframe out job :(
Any ideas??

G

·
0 Posts
I'm a little confused about using grease is this between the outer side of the bush and the housing?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm a little confused about using grease is this between the outer side of the bush and the housing?
Should be between the inner metal tube and the poly bush so that the metal inner gets clamped tight by the bolt --- then the bush will pivot around that metal inner.

G

·
0 Posts
The only question I have is that it would appear that someone has done this on my car but this is allowing the arb to move from left to right which is causing the drop links to rub on the suspension?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
There should be sway collars on the outside of each mounting bracket to prevent sideways movement.

Someone in here (I kid you not) butchered his missus' plastic chopping board to fabricate 'spacers' to take up the slack that had developed between the collars and mounting brackets.

Link here

What a guy!

All the best

Pub

G

·
0 Posts
Cheers pub brilliant link I thought it very strange when I noticed the problem must give this a go .:thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts