Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh guys I just got out of a mito with dpf issues, I will try and share my nightmare here.
When the dpf light comes on the car over fuels as a matter of course either to protect or to clean I'm unclear what as been told various things. What then happens is derv passes by the Pistons after a while and contaminates the oil hence the oil light flash, you will be able to smell the derv on the dipstick.
I had my light come on every 500 miles and kept doing forced regens at garages. I bought car from a low miles owner but I do lots of 40 mile journeys. Simply put the garage forced regens really only partially cleaned a passage through filter. Eventually I bought a OEM dpf from eBay for £96 paid £70 to fit. The old dpf was twice the weight of the new one.
I recommend this if you keep going back to garage. I'm no mechanic so I only conveying my findings. I sold car this week as despite it being pretty I got left with such a bad experience. Good luck guys, if you trace my back posts over past 6 months you will see lots of input

1 - 1 of 1 Posts