Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some recommendations.

On the G and my other car some parts of the car which are subjected to stone chips and gravel rash need repainting.

I am thinking of applying a form of anti stonechip coating which can be painted over to protect the metalwork.

Has anyone got any recommendations as to which ones are any good?

Obviously it isn't going to be shiny like the rest of the car, but for things like sill ends and inside wheel arch lips are not that visible unless you look closely.

So far I have found these on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grey-Ston...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Silve...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

·
Registered
787 Posts
Get it repainted / touched up, then have someone apply some clear bra vinyl. Every 2-3 years, if need be, have it re-applied. No need to paint over it.

·
Registered
41,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Er no... :lol:

Get it repainted / touched up, then have someone apply some clear bra vinyl. Every 2-3 years, if need be, have it re-applied. No need to paint over it.
I have tried that stuff and I can never get it to follow contours very well.

I need it for the inside edges of wheelarches, and I don't think it would last well other with all of the damp and stuff which gets thrown up.

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
41,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that. I may get some of that stuff for the leading edges of the wheelarches on the Giulietta. It also picks up gravel rash on the leading edge of the rear doors for some reason.

But for the inner parts there is no way that would stick, it would have to be the anti stone chip paint painted over in body coloured paint.

I want to do the metal bits on the inner wings on the BMW with it once I have cleaned off the old paint and surface corrosion. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.