Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just fitted the rear Eibach anti roll bar and Meyle drop links, front and rear to my wife's 147 GTA. It already has Eibach sports springs, Q2 diff, Bilstein shox and a front strut brace. I drove it pretty hard after the fitting in the dry, attempting to make it oversteer, brakeaway but found that it displayed only a slight oversteer, but this maybe different in the wet. My question is, is it worth going through all the drama of changing the standard GTA front anti roll bar for the Eibach bar and what would be the advantage?

Thanks
Allan

·
Registered
34 Posts
HELLO allan :thumbup:

greetings from kangaroo/koala bushland

im currently running a track spec GT , my buildthread is on AUSALFA

so far i have done the following suspension mods .

Upper strut bar
XYZ coilovers
adjustable whiteline rear swaybar

If you want the car to over steer which i am only able to do only on the track not roads , you must stiffen up the back more . Stiffer suspension AKA coil overs wouldn't go astray too .

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HELLO allan :thumbup:

greetings from kangaroo/koala bushland

im currently running a track spec GT , my buildthread is on AUSALFA

so far i have done the following suspension mods .

Upper strut bar
XYZ coilovers
adjustable whiteline rear swaybar

If you want the car to over steer which i am only able to do only on the track not roads , you must stiffen up the back more . Stiffer suspension AKA coil overs wouldn't go astray too .
Hello fellow Australian!

So you recommend NOT fitting the Eibach front anti roll bar and just staying with the rear upgraded bar?

Cheers
Allan

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
Hello fellow Australian!

So you recommend NOT fitting the Eibach front anti roll bar and just staying with the rear upgraded bar?

Cheers
Allan
Stiffening the front relative to the rear decreases oversteer. So if oversteer is your goal, then stiffening the front won't help.

But for what its worth, I like the understeer/oversteer balance with a full set of Eibach rear roll bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts