Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the anti-roll-bar link but the nut has seized and I don't want allen key slot rounding so have had to give up for the night. i'm going to split the nut off in morning. but before I do, does anyone know if the m10 nuts Halfords sell are of the right pitch? the links thread looks like a fine thread type. I phoned halfords earlier but the guy just said it's standard and that there is only one type of thread! I didn't bother trying to explain more.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
the drop link can have 2 different types of thread, fine & coarse.

if its a fine pitch then the halford nuts won't fit.

try this as a fix:

use a small molex visegrip to hold shaft [ at the back of the strut ] of the drop link

tighten the nuts INwards

clean the threads with a wire brush

lube with wd40

turn nut 1/2 turn out, & then back 1/4, repeat many times unitl its off

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried with some small pump pliers, Will give it a try with grips, I was just a bit worried about damaging the link.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I have tried with some small pump pliers, Will give it a try with grips, I was just a bit worried about damaging the link.
Was about to suggest destroying the rubber part (which holds the oil etc) with a pair of mole grips ... it was the only way I got mine off, but then I was replacing mine :eek: ...

They are only £10 on fleabay so it might be worth putting the job off and buying some new ones???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts