Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody changed their front anti-roll bar bushes, I've done the end links and I wondered how hard it is to do the bushes that fix the anti-roll bar to the crossmember.... :D :D

·
Registered
715 Posts
Not hard to change really as they just clamp over the subframe. Much easier with a ramp!!

J

·
0 Posts
Hi DB
Were the drop links difficult to do?
Did you use a ramp, or just jack it up and do one side at a time?
Did you just replace the links and bushes or did you do the nuts and washers as well?
FGN

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funkin Go-nut said:
Hi DB
Were the drop links difficult to do?
Did you use a ramp, or just jack it up and do one side at a time?
Did you just replace the links and bushes or did you do the nuts and washers as well?
FGN
I did them one side at a time which wasn't too difficult but if I did it again I think I'd put it on axle stands so you have no tension on the bar. :D
I changed the links bushes and nuts (because their Nylok). :D
And it looks like I might have to take them off again if the mounting bushes haven't gopt a split in them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
FGN, the kit will come with all the bits you need, about £10 from memory,

very easy job to do, just jack up the car, undo the bottom nut, pull arm down..... :D

J

·
0 Posts
Henry Yorke said:
Not hard to change really as they just clamp over the subframe. Much easier with a ramp!!

have you forgotten already henry..... :rolleyes:
they are clamped but both halfs of each clamp are 'fixed' together...bit of a pain if you ask me.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jimybob said:
have you forgotten already henry..... :rolleyes:
they are clamped but both halfs of each clamp are 'fixed' together...bit of a pain if you ask me.
Do you mean fixed as in welded or simular Jimibob :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
More likely to be a spline fixing on the bolt that goes through and into the other half :rolleyes: if you get what i mean ..................can be a bugger to split apart and then re fix :tut:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I know what you mean....... :D
I've got the bushes ordered they reckon that I should get them Wednesday, I won't be holding my breath though :D :D

J

·
0 Posts
where the top bracket bolt hole meet the bottom there peened(sp) together you will need to either drill out the folded section which means total removal of the ARB or chisel them appart if your lucky.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jimybob said:
where the top bracket bolt hole meet the bottom there peened(sp) together you will need to either drill out the folded section which means total removal of the ARB or chisel them appart if your lucky.
And it all looks so simple on the parts disc :( :(

·
Registered
715 Posts
Oops!! I have had a few beers since!!! Maybe I'm mixing it up with Peugeot ones :p

There should be some pics in the technical part of the 155 website as I will have more than likely done an article on it!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts