Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after searching around here for a while trying to track down part numbers for anti-roll bar bushes and I see Alfa only sell the whole bar and bushes complete! :wow:

So I went to local motor factors and they can get them from QH and have ordered me a pair for the rear

Part numbers are:

EM3006 Anti roll bar bush - Front (21mm dia.)
EM3007 Anti roll bar bush - Front (22mm dia.)​
EM3009 Anti roll bar bush - Rear (20mm dia.)

Have no idea what the difference is in the front ones, or what models have 21 and what has 22, but just said I'd post this here for anybody else looking for them. Suppose the best way is use a calipers to check the front bar before ordering

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
how much are they for the back ones? (i might be being dim but can't find prices..)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont see prices there either. Think they only supply to trade such as motor factors. My guy reckons they will be about 6 Euros each (12 for the pair), so about £9 or £10?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Have you thought how you'll get the existing bushes off and then how the new ones will be attached?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont understand what you mean Ken?
Just open the 2 bolts on each side holding the brackets, remove the old ones and pop on the new ones and put the brackets back on??

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
DearDearDear, think they need to read Kens guide!
Ken what ypu mean DB.

I initially thought that these were the drop links and I thought gosh thats a brilliant price and the rears are not sided but the front are...then the penny dropped that these are the bushes for the straight part of the anti roll bar.

Pomeo

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
And if I read it correctly, well I've had a little gander, the 'U' clamps that hold the anti-roll bar bushes are an enclosed, welded top plate structure, which in the case of the 147, means dropping the sub-frame, to replace the bar.:(: Headache jobbie, for a floored old merchant like me.:D

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
And if I read it correctly, well I've had a little gander, the 'U' clamps that hold the anti-roll bar bushes are an enclosed, welded top plate structure, which in the case of the 147, means dropping the sub-frame, to replace the bar.:(: Headache jobbie, for a floored old merchant like me.:D
Looks at lot easier ZF if you check out the excellent info in Kens Guide re the anti roll bar bush/

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The Alfa design presents some problems:

1. Dropping the subframe (to access the bolts) means the rear suspension alignment must be checked - expensive.

2. The bushes are bonded to the anti-roll bar, I think. This is OK when the bar is assembled to the subframe and then the subframe is fitted to the car. When the car is lowered to the ground the bushes are not overstressed.

3. The bushes are enclosed on the outside by welded brackets. You have to drill through the holes in the brackets to release them.

Unbonded bushes should be tightened with the roll bar in its normal ride position.

Because you cannot access the bracket bolts with the subframe in position the bushes will be overstressed when the car is lowered to the ground.

Ken's method overcomes all these problems.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didnt have a good look underneath and local mechanic who does bits for me told me the bushes were gone along with the drivers side rear drop link, so I am getting pair of bushes and pair of links, but need to chat to him now that you have explained situation to me :cry:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts