Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Got my anti roll bar bushes replaced at last. Chick McNally (CM Garage Services) in East Kilbride replaced them with poly bushes. What a difference, it's like suddenly being in a new car. That's the whole front end done (top & bottom wishbones, droplinks and arb bushes) and it's tight with no squeaks or rattles. Excellent for a 7 year old car (only 63k).

Recommended to anyone suffering the knocking.

Also highly recommend that garage. It's not local for me but I will be going back again in future. Chick seems like a good guy who is willing to listen and talk cars for a few minutes.

Cheers
Alan

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
How convenient if a pair of 'U' clamps were easily accessible, rather than a sub-frame drop? Still, Alfas are brilliant road holders, so we will allow that inconvenience, shall we?:):

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
You weren't the chap that came in to pick his car up yesterday around 1pm?? I was there too getting some effects for my colleague from the dead 156 I advertised on here as spares or repair.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Thats my next job on the GTV.

CM Garage Services get the thumbs up from me.
I'll second that. Brilliant guys and very reasonable. I saw the other day they had a 3rd man on the tools already. Chick was commenting how busy he's been too. Nice to see in these days of reported doom and gloom.

He now has some AO flyers on his desk too.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No Scott1s. I was in around 4.30 for the silver Y plate Alfa.

Yes, pricing was superb, just under £120 including VAT for poly bushes installed (supplied and fitted). Considering that the exhaust needs splitting then the subframe dropped, seems like a massive bargain to me.

i won't have the car much longer to enjoy the poly bushes and silent front end. I pick up a newer 156 a week tomorrow.

Old one....
&
New one

Can't wait.:)
Cheers

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Saw it up on the ramps. Nice car. Love the GTA by the way

·
Registered
3,221 Posts