Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it....that Halfords don't cater for Alfa Romeo's. It really annoys the hell outta me.
So much so that I had to ask the assistant today, why do you sell headlamp bulbs for Lada's but not Alfa's. FFS..... WTF is that all about :rant:
They didn't do touch up paint either:( but I did find an almost exact colour match for my TI alloys :thumbs:

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Why is it....that Halfords don't cater for Alfa Romeo's. It really annoys the hell outta me.
So much so that I had to ask the assistant today, why do you sell headlamp bulbs for Lada's but not Alfa's. FFS..... WTF is that all about :rant:
They didn't do touch up paint either:( but I did find an almost exact colour match for my TI alloys :thumbs:
indeed, Halfords are a bit pap when it comes to the Alfa. should have seen the look on an assistants face when I asked for Alfa Wipers!
'we have the ones you cut to fit' er....no thanks....

Girlfriend of mine bought wipers, and got treated like poo

Her boyfriend bought wipers and got offer of free fitment, whats that about?? :confused:

Halfords is only good for stereo equipment and car washing gear, if you ask me.

V

·
0 Posts
i believe there is a reason many on here refer to them as halfrauds ;)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Halfords is only good for stereo equipment and car washing gear, if you ask me.
not that good for that either

I can understand them not stocking much, market is too small, but you cannot even get Bravo bits there, or even a quick release spindle that matched my Peugeot bike :mad:

and why are there so many tents and camping gear, even bl00dy frisbees I saw last summer.

Sign of desparation me thinks.....

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Haynes manuals aren't anything to do with Halfords are they, LOL.
hahahahahahaha haynes are made for the very amateur mechanic me thinks! lol

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
not that good for that either

I can understand them not stocking much, market is too small, but you cannot even get Bravo bits there, or even a quick release spindle that matched my Peugeot bike :mad:

and why are there so many tents and camping gear, even bl00dy frisbees I saw last summer.

Sign of desparation me thinks.....
hmmm I got my nice Ipod ready stereo from Halfrauds....so i dont think they're too bad...mind you the assistance dont know anything....

·
0 Posts
I have more luck at my local motor factor :)

Halfords couldn't even mix some paint for me :rolleyes:

Agree with Richard though, I have some of their tools that have served me well :thumbs:

Also, my stereo & satnav are from Halfords, so not all bad....

·
Registered
334 Posts
hellfruads, are becomming more and more useless, the prices are stupidly high, and thats even with a trade card.

Ok they stock bulbs wipes batteries etc for most alfas, but anything else and you might asm well forget it.

I now use my local motorfactor more and more, and its not just Alfa related either they never have bits in stock I need for the camper or the tranny.

Sooner or later Hellfriads will dissapear

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Halfords stock McGard locking wheel nuts at a decent price. :thumbs:
I bought some in-store before Christmas. Fitted them and discovered that the bolt head size was 19mm while the rest of the standard bolts are 17mm - :confused:.
Went back in, part number checked - "Yep, they're the right bolts for a 147 with standard wheels sir". Errr no they're not, I've checked the McGard website.
"Oh hang on, there's some more listed as a 'standard alternative'."
Ordered them - paid the extra £4 (for less metal, bizarre) and a week and a half later they arrive. Needless to say they hadn't rung me to tell me they were in, I was simply passing by.

The promise of swapping them for me when they arrived was not possible either apparently, although they did lend me a ratchet and two sockets so I could do it in the car park. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Surprised you can't get stuff? I've managed to get bulbs, wipers, filters, brake pads in the past, and everything else I've been able to order in?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TBH they do sell bulbs for our cars they're just not listed in the guide......Lada is though....go figure

1 - 20 of 31 Posts