is going to kaput soon .. but i'm sure this antenna still functiong coz
there's red indicator LED..

if i'm going for external antenna where can it be fitted? the retractabe
type or the stick type.... or i have to stick to indoor internal type buyt
replace to a good brand antenna....

B

·
0 Posts
I thought the radio aerial was part of the rear screen heater, and I have no LED.

Is this the LED next to the ignition switch, as that may be part of an alarm system???

I've just had my front screen replaced and it certainly wasn't part of that.

My V6 had an external aerial on the roof at the front (standard Alfa fitment).

W

·
0 Posts
Presume its the same for the 8v's but as Barry sez, most of them are in the rear screen. Some have external aerials at the front on the screen, about 300mm long.

Dunno about this LED???? Are you getting any reception at all? If there's a lot of noise you've got a break in the rear demister element.

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
I reckon the led etc is part of an alarm system maybe? I have seen 1" square 'dogle' with leds on the windscreen as part of an alarm system before.

anyone?

j

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

hehheeh everybody confuse what is the LED.. the LED is the indicator light on indoor antenna unit. when the HU is switch on ...the LED light lit... ( i should take o photo).

my indoor antenna is place in front on the windscreen. (no ..the dimister is at the rear screen). I haven't seen any 155 in malaysia fitted with oem external antenna on the roof.

W

·
0 Posts
I'm confused :confused:

Do you have lines in your front screen? 155's everywhere else have the top 3 lines of the rear screen as the aerial.

Still no idea what this LED bit is...HU??

wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
Nahar, take some photos and post them here so that we can see.

HU... Head Unit??? :confused:

This may be specific to the Malaysian market or fitted by a previous owner.

We will not be beaten, we shall solve this. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all,

ekhekehe stil confuse.. neverminds... i'll post some pics... :lol:

HU - head unit...

just check with my friend's car ..16V 97 edition... the car comes with built in antenna at the rear windscreen. mine no antenna since its 8Vpre 96....

went to some ICE shop to fit in retractable type external antenna... the dude out there refuse to fits this universal antenna since they dunno where to place the motor inside the rear boots.

J

·
0 Posts
nahar said:
went to some ICE shop to fit in retractable type external antenna... the dude out there refuse to fits this universal antenna since they dunno where to place the motor inside the rear boots.
WTF :eek: That's a bit lazy/shoddy of them.

lol

J

M

·
0 Posts
nahar, the earlier cars still have the antenna in the rear window.

If you look under the boot lining just under the rear parcel shelf, you should see a signal amplifier, just a box with wires.......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
marlon said:
nahar, the earlier cars still have the antenna in the rear window.

If you look under the boot lining just under the rear parcel shelf, you should see a signal amplifier, just a box with wires.......

Marlon,

Thanks,... I'll look for it this afternoon.

M

·
0 Posts
I know it's of no help but my 96 16V Super has both the rear screen & roof aerial :D
Must admit the roof one is in use as when the heated rear window is on the rear screen one is crap (can I say that wrinx) :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts