Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello.!
It's in the rearwindow heater wires,in the glass.
I know that in my car it's there,AR 155 2.0t.s 1992.Not wery good Antenna...!

Regards, Mikko

·
Registered
550 Posts
HI
MINE IS ON THE ROOF, BETWEEN FRONT WINDOW AND THE GLASS ROOF WINDOW.
IT´S A 16 VALVS.
REGARDS
JORGE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought the bosch window attenna in ss2 pjaya which works very well ,much better with the original alfa attenna. better reception everywhere even at 180km/h at plus.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL!

Until I read this it hadn't occurred to me that I didn't have a radio antenna on the car..!

I KNEW there was something "missing".... must be old age creeping up on me dudes.

Radio's fine though (heated rear window elements, eh... I don't know...!)

Ralf S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah forgot that some of the later cars have a roof mounted aerial. Personally I prefer the "hidden" earial in the rear screen instead of having the lines spoilt by a large protrusion!!!

Next time you de-mist the rear screen you'll notice the top two bars dont clear....thats the aerial! Only bad thing is if you get a break in the heated elements you lose radio reception. Metallised paint will cure it.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aesthetically I prefer the window antenna too, however as a broadcast engineer, it'll never give as good performance as a decent rod- which is why there is an amplifier behind the trim.

To be strictly accurate, the top two strips are the medium wave aerial , the FM aerial is combined with the heater elements. If you have a broken strip, you will notice that FM is Ok until you turn on the demister, at which point the radio craps out. As Wrinx says, fixing is easy using conductive paint and masking tape.

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That seems to be the definitive answer!! :)

I couldnt get the masking tape to stick to the window....dunno why!! Fixed it anyway :)

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess I'm just lucky.

Thanks for the piccies. I sent you an e-mail, but I initially forgot to sent it for a week. :confused:

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,
I bought my 155 two days ago, and didn't know where the antenna is ! I'm glad to read it's in the rear window, cause I don't want to make a hole in the body... Even if it's not very efficient (in my gtv6 it's in the front window), I'd rather not have a good radio reception than make a hole !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello,

Finally I found the antenna wire, but it's not connected to my rear window (155 1.7 TS 1996).
So I bought a little electronic antenna, and glued it at the bottom of the rear window. It's invisible, and works perfectly ! (cost me 15 Euros...)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts