·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Not a massive fan of Mini's...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm not either but having lived with a Countryman at work they're quite practical and have that walk into the cabin thing that crossover/soft roaders offer... I'd feel like a sell out if I got one I think :censored:

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
My Uncle has one. BMW prices, Ford build quality.

·
Registered
35,180 Posts
For me it’s Mini’s interior with that huge plastic central dial thing that reminds me of the control tower screen in that scene in Airplane! where it’s a launderette washer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you've ever seen a Mini Countryman (that's the crossover soft roader SUV one) beside a actual supermini sized car it'll probably make you feel a bit ill inside.

Mini in name only, but your average buyer seems to love the brand no matter what they do...

·
Registered
35,180 Posts
They seriously need to have a better plan for the next Mini products. The ideal BMW brand to go electric after the i cars, the electric Mini has a really poor range on a charge.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Isn't that deliberate to keep the handling? Otherwise it'll weight something silly like two tonnes with decent ranged batteries.

The Countryman PHEV Cooper S thing I used in my old job was insane, kerb weight of over 1700kg which is monstrous for a car that size...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Feels extremely planted as a result of the nutty kerb weight and it was even quite fast when the electric and petrol engines go together. I think it might be the fastest 0-30 car I've ever been in. The electric motor doesn't work after 77mph so any old school sports car would blitz it eventually but for regular driving speeds it was plenty quick.

·
Registered
279 Posts
A Mazda 3 or 6 MPS does look somewhat interesting but then again there's talk of them rusting to hell.

Plus Mazda has far less appeal as a badge that some...

Bet the 2.3 Turbo is thirsty as hell however!

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Well I have found one car which I am viewing tomorrow.

It is a 2010 BMW 330d Coupe. Unusually it has a manual gearbox...

It would be fun when remapped as they put out around 330bhp once done.

I will have to see how it goes. :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,010 Posts
It’s a times like these, I miss the Strada Abarth.

We probably have more choice of car, engine, and transmission than ever before, but few have that raw ‘yes!’ appeal.

·
Registered
15,012 Posts
It’s a times like these, I miss the Strada Abarth.

We probably have more choice of car, engine, and transmission than ever before, but few have that raw ‘yes!’ appeal.
People who buy new don't exercise those choices though. They either buy a miserably small petrol engine or a diesel. I hate diesels, even really fast ones, and whilst I like tiny cars with no power, big underpowered cars don't float my boat at all.

A Strada Abarth probably isn't that quick by modern hot hatch standards but I'd bet it would feel much more raw and exciting.

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
279 Posts
Slightly off topic but have you seen how insane the Golf R is? It's performance figures are mind blowing for a hatch and even a stage 1 make it even crazier.

I'd probably buy one if I could justify it, nothing else seems as capable for the money.

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I like the Golf R, a bit out of my price range though.

That 4wd system gets them off from the line well, but don't underestimate the Fiat coupe. ;)

81 - 100 of 112 Posts