696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the Giulietta in tonight's episode of Frankie on BB1

Alfa red with teledials (1.4 TB MA?) :cool:

Could help noticing that they changed the sound of the locking noise, VAG style

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Looked gorgeoud. Sure that was Alfa Red and not 8C?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're right it was 8C

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Fantastic advert for the Giueletta. It looked stunning and had a major role in the programme! I was hoping for some gratuitous sideways action and screeching tyres on the run to the hospital, but no they limited to a little wheel spin when pulling off.

"Frankie" is the ideal Alfa role model - caring, a little bit zany and pretty good looking! Hope it keeps up its staring role!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Fantastic advert for the Giulietta, i loved the colour, what colour red is it? does anyone know. it looks like Veloce, MA with the upgraded 5 circle wheels. Also I loved the lady who drives the car, good looking, sexy, vibrant, and great fun. The perfect match to drive the ALFA ROMEO GIULIETTA......

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yeah, I am pretty sure they would in no way show a high speed race to the hospital in a private car - not the sort of thing you want to endorse if your the BBC ;)

It looked 8C red to me as well, and seemed to be QV suspension, debadged on the back as well I noticed (sorry was I supposed to be watch the "drama"?). Alarm was dubbed, clearly BBC folio dept only has the two beeps ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Really wound me up changing the sound on the alarm...WHY? also tried to check the model and the number plate didn't exist...Naughty BBC driving an unlicensed car on the road, and her husband was a copper as well??

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Really wound me up changing the sound on the alarm...WHY? also tried to check the model and the number plate didn't exist...Naughty BBC driving an unlicensed car on the road, and her husband was a copper as well??
Maybe the actual central locking was broken? :p

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
When filming they avoid all that sort of thing and just add it later in post production, its not a decision to change, just a side effect of the way they film in my view.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
That's the colour and wheels I want on a QV. Whatever colour it was.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
When filming they avoid all that sort of thing and just add it later in post production, its not a decision to change, just a side effect of the way they film in my view.
Correct. All sound effects are done in post-production. The microphones used for the actors' dialogue will pick up very little ambient sound anyway.

On that, I remember seeing an couple of episodes of the Italian TV programme "Inspector Montalbano", where they recorded everything ambiently. It was superbly done, in that you could make out all the dialogue, but still hear the real sounds of papers being turned, or footsteps and doors closing, and you could hear the room effects on the dialogue track. However, because we're so used to foley artists doing it all afterwards with door bolts, sponges and old shoes, the real sounds just sounded "wrong". By being accurate, it seemed cheap and amateurish, despite requiring more skill than the normal method.

·
Registered
39,134 Posts
Correct. All sound effects are done in post-production. The microphones used for the actors' dialogue will pick up very little ambient sound anyway.

On that, I remember seeing an couple of episodes of the Italian TV programme "Inspector Montalbano", where they recorded everything ambiently. It was superbly done, in that you could make out all the dialogue, but still hear the real sounds of papers being turned, or footsteps and doors closing, and you could hear the room effects on the dialogue track. However, because we're so used to foley artists doing it all afterwards with door bolts, sponges and old shoes, the real sounds just sounded "wrong". By being accurate, it seemed cheap and amateurish, despite requiring more skill than the normal method.
I think most people know a bit about how film sound is applied ,but somebody was just trying to provoke the Giulietta owners by suggesting it has as many electrical faults as older Alfas. I'm not aware of anybody experiencing anything let alone the issue a neighbour had with his 156. He needed a new rev counter because of a tai lamp bulb warning lamp fault!

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I think most people know a bit about how film sound is applied ,but somebody was just trying to provoke the Giulietta owners by suggesting it has as many electrical faults as older Alfas. I'm not aware of anybody experiencing anything let alone the issue a neighbour had with his 156. He needed a new rev counter because of a tai lamp bulb warning lamp fault!
Joke...keep your hair on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, great to see the Giulietta being "promoted" in this way - it did get a good deal of "camera-time", including the shot of the boot badge when the child was being revived.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I find the sound of the alarm a bit loud and annoying , I guess I need to get the BBC to change mine to a double bip:lol:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
That's what I was trying to tell Kris , but I got carried away!
Taken in the spirit intended :)

It just reminded me of how much of what you hear on screen is completely fake anyway, that's all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts