Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Swansway Chester appear to no longer have the franchise (seem to have kept Jeep, oddly).

2. Simonstone Bristol went bust just before Christmas, so Alfa, Jeep, Abarth and Fiat have no presence in Bristol.

3. Westover Christchurch were bought out by Hendy Group and appear to have got rid of the FCA franchises.

In addition, Richard Hardie Newcastle have been taken over by Stoneacre.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that Motorvogue are opening a brand new FCA showroom in Norwich, though this must mean Desira are planning to ditch at least some of the brands.

All in all, it's going amazingly, don't you think? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
198 Posts
And Westover Christchurch was my old local! Will be very sad to see them go as they were brilliant with my Chrysler, going above and beyond.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Still doing them according to the group website..?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blimey! Simonstone Bristol was my nearest main dealer since Alfa unceremoniously legged it out of Wales.

Bit of a bummer, then.
Weirdly they've opened a new Fiat, Abarth and Jeep dealer in Cardiff, but it doesn't include Alfa. To be fair it doesn't look big enough for even three brands but it's a shame Alfa is missing, especially now Simonstone have gone.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Still doing them according to the group website..?
That's weird - if you google Westover or Hendy Alfa Romeo, it comes up as permanently closed. They also only appear on the Alfa dealer locator for aftersales now, too.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Not surprised the Chester one has gone, given its relatively close proximity to Mangoletsi. A pity it wasn't the latter that's closed.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Since Meridian closed in Portsmouth (Cosham)...my nearest Alfa Dealer is 45 miles one way or 55 the other! Luckily it does not affect me as I would not go into a main dealer for anything....as what I cant do myself I would use an Idie for....and parts are usually quicker/cheaper to get online...even genuine parts!! If Alfa dealers had BMW standards of service rather than Dacia (on a bad day!) then owners might be temped into them...and maybe even buy a car.....but looking at ALFAs recent figures that has not happened!!

·
Registered
33,173 Posts
My dealer is better than a Dacia dealer. No complaints, except when the loan car was low on fuel. The next time was fine as they were aware the next time and warranty work was completed as well as they should plus the loan car had fuel. A rubber bump stop on the armrest , worth 20p, came off a couple of months back and they negotiated a new £400 armrest to correct it. (I did say not to worry as it seemed ecologically wasteful.) The main thing was the fuel flap which they replaced with a perfectly matching flap. The tailgate close button was a bit sticky in its action so was replaced with a new surround and it works fine. This was the dealer where I bought the car and the other local dealer a couple of miles closer was on my commute and I used to use them with no complaints at all. They were very good with my Giuliettas.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
A rubber bump stop on the armrest , worth 20p, came off a couple of months back and they negotiated a new £400 armrest to correct it.
That's complete madness. It's no wonder AR are going ****-up if this is how UK dealers are behaving.

·
Registered
33,173 Posts
It’s a part supplied by Faurecia rather than FCA themselves. If their procurement contract was typical of the industry then the supplier will provide the part and pay warranty rate labour.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's weird - if you google Westover or Hendy Alfa Romeo, it comes up as permanently closed. They also only appear on the Alfa dealer locator for aftersales now, too.
TBH they've only recently started doing Alfas there. I popped in for Chrysler bits and there they were...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Since Meridian closed in Portsmouth (Cosham)...my nearest Alfa Dealer is 45 miles one way or 55 the other! Luckily it does not affect me as I would not go into a main dealer for anything....as what I cant do myself I would use an Idie for....and parts are usually quicker/cheaper to get online...even genuine parts!! If Alfa dealers had BMW standards of service rather than Dacia (on a bad day!) then owners might be temped into them...and maybe even buy a car.....but looking at ALFAs recent figures that has not happened!!
You have PDH in Hassocks, about 32 miles away or for service Monza Sport in Ashington about 25 miles. I am assuming you are still in Bognor?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
PDH Hassocks is the one that's 45 miles from me....44.58 to be precise according to Alfa's dealer locator! Never used Monza Sport but heard good things...not a main dealer of course which was the subject of the thread.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
PDH Hassocks is the one that's 45 miles from me....44.58 to be precise according to Alfa's dealer locator! Never used Monza Sport but heard good things...not a main dealer of course which was the subject of the thread.
Sorry I thought you lived in Bognor. Google has Bognor 32 miles from PDH.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
My closest dealer is the dreaded Mangoletsi at 64.1 miles away.
Followed by Arnold Clark Leeds at 75.75 miles away. Amazed that AC are a main Alfa dealer!

My parents, who once had a Giulietta, used to go to the now-deceased Blackburn dealership and received rotten service there. This, coupled with having no dealership anywhere remotely close, saw the end of their Alfa experience. They've not lost any sleep!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I do envy those who complain their nearest dealer/indie is 20/30 minutes away
There is no dealer in the whole of Lincolnshire. In a sense I am luck in that Scunthorpe is close to the Yorkshire boundary but it is still 25/30 miles to either Hull (Jordans) or Doncaster )Pentagon) both at least 45 minutes neither of which are long term dealers and I wonder how clued up the service teams are on AR.
My nearest Indie is Northern Alfa at Oldcotes 55 minutes away which usually puts about 80 miles on the car by the time Gareth has run you into Tickhill to find somewhere to kill time as he doesn't have any waiting facilities.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I do envy those who complain their nearest dealer/indie is 20/30 minutes away
There is no dealer in the whole of Lincolnshire. In a sense I am luck in that Scunthorpe is close to the Yorkshire boundary but it is still 25/30 miles to either Hull (Jordans) or Doncaster )Pentagon) both at least 45 minutes neither of which are long term dealers and I wonder how clued up the service teams are on AR.
My nearest Indie is Northern Alfa at Oldcotes 55 minutes away which usually puts about 80 miles on the car by the time Gareth has run you into Tickhill to find somewhere to kill time as he doesn't have any waiting facilities.
Sorry to rub it in but my dealer is at the bottom of the village, and they are good!

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
My dealer is better than a Dacia dealer. No complaints, except when the loan car was low on fuel. The next time was fine as they were aware the next time and warranty work was completed as well as they should plus the loan car had fuel. A rubber bump stop on the armrest , worth 20p, came off a couple of months back and they negotiated a new £400 armrest to correct it. (I did say not to worry as it seemed ecologically wasteful.) The main thing was the fuel flap which they replaced with a perfectly matching flap. The tailgate close button was a bit sticky in its action so was replaced with a new surround and it works fine. This was the dealer where I bought the car and the other local dealer a couple of miles closer was on my commute and I used to use them with no complaints at all. They were very good with my Giuliettas.
Name and shame! :)

Ralf S.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts