Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with water in the boot. I pulled out the carpet and noticed two holes going straight trough to the wheel arch so i blocked them up assuming that would be the problem, unfortunately not.
After a recent very rainy spell i noticed more water and after removing the carpet on the left hand side i noticed a small black tube that appears to go into the rear screen pillar. This is where the water seems to come from. Can any one tell me what it does, i don't want to block it up to find i get problems else where.

Cheers

Stef.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's most likely to be a drain tube from the rear of the sunroof (assuming that you have one) but I don't know for sure.

Ian

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
think ians right there mine is long enough for it to dangle into rear quarter space for it to drain out that way ill just go check,ooopss no it goes into rubber grommit in floor (one each side) at the v back of boot below lights in corner hope this helps craig. :p

·
Banned
477 Posts
I had a very moist boot a couple of months ago. Something to do with about 2 litres of a 5 litre bottle of car shampoo leaking from a not so securely fastened lid :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mate of mine gave us drunken lads a lift home once but forgot to mention the can of Dukchams hypergrade he had in the rear passenger footwell.

After we'd trampled all over it, his car needed Greenpeace to come and de-grease it. It stunk of oil for 6 months afterwards.

Ralf S.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the tubes must have been modified in the past as they are cut short to a couple of inches above the boot floor, maybe i can extend them. still at least i know what they do.

Cheers for the help.

Stef.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts